adding teams

which ones would you most want to join the big 12?

• Total voters

wyocy

Dec 20, 2008
wyoming
BYU and Utah will never in a million years split up. You can take that to the bank. Will Texas - OU split up? Not on your life.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
We should not add ANYONE that would hurt ISU more than they have already been hurt. Any network deal will be there because of Texas not because of whom we add. We should add teams that don't hurt ISU's minimal influence, don't hurt ISU's recruiting, and don't hurt ISU's chances to win. I say add CSU (and I've been against this) and New Mexico. We should be able to beat them, they would have minimal influence, little chance to leave the conference when the next grab comes, and won't hurt our recruiting. What we don't want to do is elevate a non-BCS school to BCS then have that school become viable to another big conference and getting taken away, eliminating a spot that might have been ISU's in the next grab.

CydaGrove

Oct 21, 2009
If I had a choice, and it will never happen, I would add TCU and the University of Houston to the Big XII and then move Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the North.

I think this is a great "roll-on" option. I don't understand why everyone is running for their lives right now, when, if they stuck together, they could still have one the best leagues in the country. Losing Omaha and Denver markets doesn't hurt that much.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Of you guys that want TCU (which adds to Texas influence and dilutes our recruiting), can you tell me WHY?

They have a quality football team that can reasonably compete at the Big 12 level. Jumping into the conference may improve their recruiting profile, but it's not like they aren't already pulling recruits from Texas anyway.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Houston is trying to move up to a BCS conferece as well as East Carolina with improving facilities im not sure either will get there but...

Whin4Cy

Mar 7, 2008
Iowa
If (big IF) the remaining Big 12 schools stay together, then I think they should invite Houston and Tulane to the Big 12. Put Oklahoma and Okie St in the "North" and Houston and Tulane in the "South". That would introduce the Houston and New Orleans markets to any deal for a TV network (more house holds which = more money). Putting Ok and Ok St in the North puts a strong team in the North and sets up more battles with "traditional" Big 8 rivals.

Now, that is just thinking about $$ and households, but it would make the Big 12 much stronger for a TV deal. I have no idea how good or bad Houston or Tulane is academically, but I am not sure how much that matters anymore.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Seems to me the best possible solution is to beg A&m to stick around a couple more
years. Then the 6 that bailed owe us the 60 mil. After the others are gone
give A&m A waiver to leave without payment as soon as the teams that come in are here long enough to keep our BCS automatic bid.