Abu Sama Commits!

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
How come this thread doesn’t show up at the top when a new post is added? First time I’ve ever seen this. The only way I know if a post is added is if someone quotes one of my posts.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How come this thread doesn’t show up at the top when a new post is added? First time I’ve ever seen this. The only way I know if a post is added is if someone quotes one of my posts.
Is op on your ignore?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That would be disappointing. Central Iowa historically hasn't produced a ton of D1 talent. This class has been a nice change grabbing Kohl, Patton, Black, and Sama from the CIML.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
What exactly is the source here? Really haven’t even heard Iowa was in on him until now.

Can’t imagine the staff would be neglecting him here. Odd phrasing here.
Very strange phrasing. I don’t see him giving up his commitment to Iowa unless they are offering some big NIL deal.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Very strange phrasing. I don’t see him giving up his commitment to Iowa unless they are offering some big NIL deal.
The post you quoted was talking about sama.

It’s strange in that he’s a hard commit to us without even having an iowa offer.

Ron Falenschek

Nov 5, 2020
This is nuts. Kohl could end up to be a nice QB at ISU. I certainly hope so. Sama and Patton play similar roles. I hope they both come to ISU and have great careers, but Sama is like Reggie Bush and Patton is like Reggie George. Completely different class of athlete. Watch the videos.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
The post you quoted was talking about sama.

It’s strange in that he’s a hard commit to us without even having an iowa offer.
I also have a hard time believing we're cooling on him considering he's having a really good season. It will be a bummer if he flips, but I'd be shocked if the reason was cooling interest on our end.

Ron Falenschek

Nov 5, 2020
I also have a hard time believing we're cooling on him considering he's having a really good season. It will be a bummer if he flips, but I'd be shocked if the reason was cooling interest on our end.
We're not cooling, we just aren't doing enough to stay in the kid's ear. He's blowing up - and will continue to do so now that he's healthy again - and Iowa is making progress. Staff needs to put in some effort here.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
JJ Kohl is the best player in the state.
Kadyn Proctor is the best talent in the state.
Abu Sama is having a stellar season and will be a good CB for the Cyclones.
Jamison Patton is also having a really nice season to compliment JJ and will be a good Safety for the Cyclones.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
We're not cooling, we just aren't doing enough to stay in the kid's ear. He's blowing up - and will continue to do so now that he's healthy again - and Iowa is making progress. Staff needs to put in some effort here.
This type of speculating “heard through a grapevine” reporting is kinda dumb

Reactions: CycloneVet

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
What do you think message boards are?
They are basically platforms where anybody can claim anything they want without providing any source confirming what’s from a direct connection and what’s “what I heard from my buddy at the office”. So good point.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
This is nuts. Kohl could end up to be a nice QB at ISU. I certainly hope so. Sama and Patton play similar roles. I hope they both come to ISU and have great careers, but Sama is like Reggie Bush and Patton is like Reggie George. Completely different class of athlete. Watch the videos.
Reggie George what on earth are you talking about?