Western Kentucky
Cornell
ST Marys
Richmond
San Diego St (Twice)
Ohio
LaSalle
Florida Gulf Coast

Id like to see those schools' athletic budgets compared to Iowa.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Some of the teams who have made Sweet 16s since Iowa has last,

Seton Hall
Tulsa
Temple
Southern Illinois (twice)
Kent State
St Josephs
UAB
Alabama
Wisconsin-Milwaukee
George Mason
Wichita St (three times)
Western Kentucky
Cornell
ST Marys
Richmond
San Diego St (Twice)
Ohio
LaSalle
Florida Gulf Coast

Id like to see those schools' athletic budgets compared to Iowa.

What an incredible program they have over there

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Iowa has 25 appearances to Iowa State's 18.

Obviously one program is better.

And Army football is better than Iowa Football since they won two national titles in the 40s.

You cant compare all time stats and say one school is better than another. Any person in the country can look at the last 20 years and say that Iowa is the worse basketball program of the three main schools in the state.

Iowa - 6 appearances - 0 sweet 16s - 0 elite 8 - 2 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

UNI - 7 appearances - 1 Sweet 16 - 0 elite 8 - 7 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

ISU - 7 appearances - 2 Sweet 16s - 1 elite 8 - 5 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

Go back any further and it doesnt matter (even though ISU was dominate in the 90s too).

Last edited:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
And Army football is better than Iowa Football since they won two national titles in the 40s.

You cant compare all time stats and say one school is better than another. Any person in the country can look at the last 20 years and say that Iowa is the worse basketball program of the three main schools in the state.

Iowa - 6 appearances - 0 sweet 16s - 0 elite 8 - 2 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

UNI - 7 appearances - 1 Sweet 16 - 0 elite 8 - 7 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

ISU - 7 appearances - 2 Sweet 16s - 1 elite 8 - 5 Regular season / Tournament conference championships

Go back any further and it doesnt matter (even though ISU was dominate in the 90s too).
You guys realize the troll is feeding right now?

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Well, try being a lifelong die-hard Cyclone fan named after an Iowa coach! I try to cheer for them but it is so hard because many of their fans are complete d(&OJbags. As a matter of fact, the only team that I can find myself caring about is ISU.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Well, try being a lifelong die-hard Cyclone fan named after an Iowa coach! I try to cheer for them but it is so hard because many of their fans are complete d(&OJbags. As a matter of fact, the only team that I can find myself caring about is ISU.

Forest?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

LUTE!

LuteLuteLuteLute...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
LUTE!

LuteLuteLuteLute...

attachment.php

Eddie

Attachments

• Unknown-26.jpeg
    Unknown-26.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 196

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Challenge for the day- Try finding any Hawkeye fan or media analysis of this season or the Fran era without mentioning Todd Lickliter by the third sentence.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

Lickliter?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Challenge for the day- Try finding any Hawkeye fan or media analysis of this season or the Fran era without mentioning Todd Lickliter by the third sentence.

Building things the right way takes time. Same with Woodbury and his development

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Building things the right way takes time. Same with Woodbury and his development

I love Jon Miller's big handjob of a story about Woodbuy that's on his front page, right now. Here's a synopsis: "Sure, Woody didn't play up to his 4-star billing, and only got marginally better over the course of his career, and really wasn't that good, but dammit, he chose Iowa!!! And he didn't have to! He could have gone anywhere and been a subpar player! But he chose to do it at Iowa! And we should be thankful for that!"

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I love Jon Miller's big handjob of a story about Woodbuy that's on his front page, right now. Here's a synopsis: "Sure, Woody didn't play up to his 4-star billing, and only got marginally better over the course of his career, and really wasn't that good, but dammit, he chose Iowa!!! And he didn't have to! He could have gone anywhere and been a subpar player! But he chose to do it at Iowa! And we should be thankful for that!"

Mad props, just LOL'ed.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

From the same story:

Larsen was considered the top offensive lineman in the nation, and he chose Iowa. His choosing Iowa helped Matt Roth choose Iowa, as the two had struck up a friendship on a mutual visit to Miami (the Hurricanes) that involved a hot tub.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Shouldnt use the term handjob with woody, I don't think is arms are long enough to give himself one.