VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
For everyone buying houses right now...

We're looking in the Twin Cities and we drove up there every weekend for six weekends looking at houses.

After 50+ showings and six rejected offers, we scored a house for 2.9% over asking. Most houses we lost out on went for 6-10% over asking. The worst was a $485k listing that went for $565k. That's 16.5% over listing.

Anyway, I think we lucked into this house because of the letter we wrote to the sellers. We saw them at our home inspection yesterday and they told us they had a better monetary offer but chose ours because of our letter to them. I thought it was cheesy but it seriously worked. Will it work in a 45 year old couple? Meh? But an 80+ year old couple. Absolutely.

If you're searching, keep your head up.

Oh, and our first item for the home will be the Iowa State flag and flag pole.
What city are you buying in?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

We're looking in the Twin Cities and we drove up there every weekend for six weekends looking at houses.

After 50+ showings and six rejected offers, we scored a house for 2.9% over asking. Most houses we lost out on went for 6-10% over asking. The worst was a $485k listing that went for $565k. That's 16.5% over listing.

Anyway, I think we lucked into this house because of the letter we wrote to the sellers. We saw them at our home inspection yesterday and they told us they had a better monetary offer but chose ours because of our letter to them. I thought it was cheesy but it seriously worked. Will it work in a 45 year old couple? Meh? But an 80+ year old couple. Absolutely.

They probably bought it for 25k in 1950 :jimlad:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
tenor.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

That's awesome....congrats!

We didn't write a letter, but the person saw our family and wanted a family to move in (for the neighbors she had been friends with since they both built) and took our offer over other higher ones (neighbors told us that after we'd settled in and gotten to know them).

The same neighbors were moving and asked us if we had friends or people we wanted to have first dibs when they moved!

• Wow
Reactions: BACyclone and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Didn't think there was anything in Edina less that $500k that wasn't a teardown. :rolleyes:

I'll buy you a beer at our first Twin Cities alumni gamewatch this fall. Just look for the oldest guy there, that will be me. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron