fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
This has been a nice couple days so far.

Airlines starting to be shown some love.
I think it is driven by the fact Trump has threatened to shut down Chinese airlines if they don't let the American carriers start doing business again in China.. Keep an eye on it.

China has until the 16th to allow American carriers to return to China.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've made almost 1k off of American Airlines today. Up 41%. When is the crash coming?

I think it is driven by the fact Trump has threatened to shut down Chinese airlines if they don't let the American carriers start doing business again in China.. Keep an eye on it.

China has until the 16th to allow American carriers to return to China.

I sold my AAL stock when it hit 17. I was dumping stocks big time today. Been so hot that I guessed there would be a Friday profit taking crash.

Reactions: deadeyededric

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I've made almost 1k off of American Airlines today. Up 41%. When is the crash coming?

Giant companies like American Airlines and Boeing are trading like penny stocks. There is no liquidity in this market. I almost didn't even believe you but yep, 41.1%.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
Trade away everyone, but I think the 10 year returns on indexes will be near zero with the PE ratios at current levels. The market as a whole isn't an investment at these levels.

The SEC is proposing entirely new rules on how the markets disseminate trades and the corresponding information that's communicated to the various exchanges and brokers. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that's going to impact the markets.

I don't think we're going to thread the needle here and come out the other side unscathed. The real argument in my opinion is whether we enter a deflationary spiral or if we get high inflation.

The next shoe to drop will be a public pension crisis.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
American Airlines up 17% already this morning

Yeah, I screwed the pooch selling at 17, but when you are upside down for so long on what looks to be dead weight, you grab when you get a little profit. I'm liquidating nearly everything. Mine was only a march to august timeplay at best and I've gotten what I wanted mostly thanks to DOW, DFS, and AAPL were my 60-70% gainers. I am hoping to get back into DFS and possibly DOW since they have room to move. Had some MAR that has some value still. If this drops later today I will be back in either later today or Monday morning.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Man, I really am kicking myself. I didn't make any moves in March or April and lost out on some good opportunity. I did invest a a small amount in USO a couple weeks ago and have a 25% return there. But I waited too long back in March.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Don't feel alone, Buffett sold the airline stocks at the bottom.

Of everything that has happened, this is still the most shocking to me. Fundamental investing 101: don't sell during a panic at the bottom. Especially for Buffet, who is the king of long-term and keep investing simple.

Even if he just flat decided "I don't want to be in airlines anymore" you'd think he would have waited for some bounceback, or spread out the sales or something.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I could see the Dow over 30K by the end of July and then the wheels fall off....

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
tenor.gif

Reactions: deadeyededric

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
And just like that RCL is profitable for me. W....T....H
I've hit a double on NCLH. And almost there on DAL. This is crazy.

I kept some dry powder but I think I'm going to hold off for Q2 earnings. I have to assume things will drop then but who knows.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Of everything that has happened, this is still the most shocking to me. Fundamental investing 101: don't sell during a panic at the bottom. Especially for Buffet, who is the king of long-term and keep investing simple.

Even if he just flat decided "I don't want to be in airlines anymore" you'd think he would have waited for some bounceback, or spread out the sales or something.

Hes extremely calculating. I can’t question him anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron