joker

Oct 4, 2012
I thought this was the Stocks thread?

Just bough Draftkings (DKNG), today was the IPO.
Just sold my all my shares in Draft Kings at a 52% profit.
Now, need to find high quality heroin.;)

Seriously, this stock will only climb once the major sports are back.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
An impressive open on very little. The damage has already been done to areas of the economy but we cant see where just yet. Be careful this week with very high volatility. With this open we could have an outside reversal this week (new high followed by a new low or vis versa)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The dow is where it was 1 year ago now, all before companies start reporting the worst quarter ever. Speechless.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
An impressive open on very little. The damage has already been done to areas of the economy but we cant see where just yet. Be careful this week with very high volatility. With this open we could have an outside reversal this week (new high followed by a new low or vis versa)

What are you seeing? The SPY is right at a resistance point, and if you're right that is sells off at the 2,952ish area, that would be the 3rd time it rejected that level and it would be bearish.
On the contrary, if the S&P marches up to the 200-day MA (~3,000), and manages to break through, it could be bullish, but will probably need the Banks / Financials & Energy to participate. Can't only be the top Techs carry the load.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The dow is where it was 1 year ago now, all before companies start reporting the worst quarter ever. Speechless.
The deal with the Dow is a lot of those companies are staple type companies. Which means during a situation like we’re in they seem to hold their price. If you look at many to companies outside of the Dow Jones 30 they are Way off their prices from the beginning of the year or even beginning of March

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The deal with the Dow is a lot of those companies are staple type companies. Which means during a situation like we’re in they seem to hold their price. If you look at many to companies outside of the Dow Jones 30 they are Way off their prices from the beginning of the year or even beginning of March

Ok Vanguard Total Index fund is now where it was in November. We have erased all but 3 months of gains already.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
whats going on with them? I've been helping my mom pack up her school stuff.

I'm guessing here. With the news of a possible vaccine and the slow openings there are thoughts that they will start getting business. Had a couple that pulled in 16%+ today.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm guessing here. With the news of a possible vaccine and the slow openings there are thoughts that they will start getting business. Had a couple that pulled in 16%+ today.

Speaking of which, they (Moderna) just Muppeted some suckers. Lol, raising more money in an offering announced on the back of that rise today.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok Vanguard Total Index fund is now where it was in November. We have erased all but 3 months of gains already.
The NYSE composite hit a high of 14,183. It closed today at 11,402 still just 80% from the high. It's march high was over 13000.

The DJIA is the large staple companies that people will still order from or go to in an epidemic. Basic food, clothing, shelter and transportation supplies (fuel) will be companies that can weather this storm. Apple is around its mid february numbers whereas American Airlines is 33% of its Mid february numbers

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron