2022 RB Cartevious Norton Commits!

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
This is the beauty of the depth. We have so many weapons on campus and coming in. The best players will play. I still have to get over the Rhoads mindset that if a guy goes down or leaves that all hope is lost. We just didn’t have full cupboards back then.

Imagine a speed package with Adams, Silas, and Townsend all on the field at once.

Imagine a short yardage package of Brock, Sanders, and Norton all on the field at once.
It’s a compliment to Sanders that he’d be equally capable in the speed package.

Reactions: MugNight

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
@cyclone4L

Who do you think is a good player comp for this guy? 5"11, 210 lbs.

I watch the video and I think of Sheldon Croney a little bit, more powerful in breaking tackles. See plenty of parallels there.

College LeVeon Bell. Looks like a one cut and go type of guy with good balance and strength. Good speed, not great. Hassan Haskins could be another comp. Maybe even Jirehl Brock.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Are we done talking about Punters now?
I see we offered his teammate, Henry Bates. 4.0 gpa and Eagle Scout. This staff has a type
Henry Bates was MaxPrep's first team all-American punter, but he's a kicker too.
Probably, but the roof repair Karma bit me in the ass. Sunday during the downpour my new roof (installed in June) was leaking out of a can light over the kitchen sink. Turns out they ripped the boot around the vent pipe.
And now, we're back to discussing punters!
Look...there's a rabbit!
Guess not. We are multitaskers.

I had boot fail on mine during the rain too. Doing some research before I fixed it, turns out they generally only last 10 years before some start cracking and leaking. Stupid.
Mine was new with the roof in June. Roofers ripped it during install. But nothing a bunch of blackjack can't cure.
Made much worse if you have 12/12 pitched roof! Who wants to go up there and fall off? Too bad they can't paint some additional coating or protectant on those to make 'em go maybe 20 years or something. But that would be too hard.

Guys, I think it's obvious that punters have been replaced by roof leaks, okay? Get with the program...then draft a running back that can punt and comes from a home with a watertight roof.
Bingo!

• Winner
Reactions: helechopper

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Dog.
Taking his official this weekend.
Clemson, Florida State, Minnesota and others are interested.
The first highlight run here reminds me a little of Breece's first possession run against OkieState! Not quite the same blocking, but Norton really waited and was able to find a small hole in the line, then down the R sideline! Nice.
Cartevious Norton's (Waycross, GA) Video "Cartevious Norton's highlights Coffee High School" | MaxPreps

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The first highlight run here reminds me a little of Breece's first possession run against OkieState! Not quite the same blocking, but Norton really waited and was able to find a small hole in the line, then down the R sideline! Nice.
Cartevious Norton's (Waycross, GA) Video "Cartevious Norton's highlights Coffee High School" | MaxPreps
Cartevious Norton - Ware County HS - 2020 Junior Year Highlights (247sports.com)
First one here also down the R sideline! Norton has good size and power. I was surprised at how elusive he appears to be.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Cartevious Norton, Ware County
Norton doesn’t do too much talking, but he lets his play do all the talking on the field. He sees a hole and hits it hard and fast, which is scary for opposing linebackers and safeties when they see the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Norton coming at them. Norton can take a hit and deliver hits to his defenders, and get upfield and score. He’s a great receiver out the backfield and uses his speed to outrun defenders when he isn’t running them over. Norton had an injury setback in 2020, where he broke his collarbone, but he still ran for 467 yards and three touchdowns in six games.
Georgia's top high school football players: Meet the state’s best running backs - High School Sports News, Scores, Videos, Rankings - SBLive (scorebooklive.com)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Guys, I think it's obvious that punters have been replaced by roof leaks, okay? Get with the program...then draft a running back that can punt and comes from a home with a watertight roof.
That would be awesome, when I was coaching we ran a misdirection fake punt where our slot receiver/punter ended up being the pitch man on the option. Should I send it directly to CMC or the Special Teams Coordinator? ;)

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
It’s a compliment to Sanders that he’d be equally capable in the speed package.
Given what I have seen from Deon Silas (and the other guys coming in).. I don't think it would be foolish to start looking at receiver for Eli Sanders. He has the wheels to do it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That would be awesome, when I was coaching we ran a misdirection fake punt where our slot receiver/punter ended up being the pitch man on the option. Should I send it directly to CMC or the Special Teams Coordinator? ;)
Say what? The who?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
The Special Teams Coordinator emails go to the generic all football staff email.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron