2022 RB Cartevious Norton Commits!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just looked at our ranking on 24/7 and noticed Kansas only currently has 5 comitts. After reviewing their offer list 7 have committed to us.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
hmm, there are 66 P5 schools and we are getting guys ranked in the 60s. Isn't that the bottom of P5 talent we are getting? With that said, I like our recruits, should been fun watching them.
I’d also factor in multiple of these schools are getting multiple RB recruits. If you weigh it out, these guys are more middle of the pack if anything.

I trust Campbell at RB more than any other position.

CyDan

Aug 20, 2013
Probably, but the roof repair Karma bit me in the ass. Sunday during the downpour my new roof (installed in June) was leaking out of a can light over the kitchen sink. Turns out they ripped the boot around the vent pipe.
I had boot fail on mine during the rain too. Doing some research before I fixed it, turns out they generally only last 10 years before some start cracking and leaking. Stupid.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Norton is averaging 10 yards per carry in his senior year. Team is 6-1.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
What I like about Norton’s tape is that he gets north-south while still being elusive and powerful with little wasted motion. He uses his blocks well, squeezing right behind blockers to give himself an angle to one-cut defenders.

Even if he doesn’t have the best top end speed in the world, the fact that he can break tackles while hardly breaking stride will mean chunk yardage. Also love his size. Gives the room something we’ll lack after Brock and Hall leave.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
hmm, there are 66 P5 schools and we are getting guys ranked in the 60s. Isn't that the bottom of P5 talent we are getting? With that said, I like our recruits, should been fun watching them.

Out of all the positions, RB would be the one that I would question the ISU staff the least. Montgomery only had MAC offers. Breece was ranked 36 as a SR on Rivals. You could argue that they do a better job evaluating RBs than anyone out there.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I had boot fail on mine during the rain too. Doing some research before I fixed it, turns out they generally only last 10 years before some start cracking and leaking. Stupid.
Mine was new with the roof in June. Roofers ripped it during install. But nothing a bunch of blackjack can't cure.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think all they are saying about Townsend is they already know he won't be a pound it between the tackles guy.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Are we done talking about Punters now?

Hell no. After this year's early season punting debacle, this staff's recruitment process should include a punting evaluation for every skill position player. Keep it multiple!

Also, welcome to Cyclone Nation, Cartevious. Prepare your body for the finest tap water this side of the Mississippi.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Guys, I think it's obvious that punters have been replaced by roof leaks, okay? Get with the program...then draft a running back that can punt and comes from a home with a watertight roof.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
This is the beauty of the depth. We have so many weapons on campus and coming in. The best players will play. I still have to get over the Rhoads mindset that if a guy goes down or leaves that all hope is lost. We just didn’t have full cupboards back then.

Imagine a speed package with Adams, Silas, and Townsend all on the field at once.

Imagine a short yardage package of Brock, Sanders, and Norton all on the field at once.

Reactions: larry

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is the beauty of the depth. We have so many weapons on campus and coming in. The best players will play. I still have to get over the Rhoads mindset that if a guy goes down or leaves that all hope is lost. We just didn’t have full cupboards back then.

Imagine a speed package with Adams, Silas, and Townsend all on the field at once.

Imagine a short yardage package of Brock, Sanders, and Norton all on the field at once.
Yeah, we might finally be as fast as teams like TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma State