NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
well their doctor almost killed their last QB and he's still the team doctor so obviously they're not looking for quality in the health and wellness department.
Oh sure, you puncture one lung and you just never hear the end of it, sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Two stats that are crazy to me: Russ is now 18-4 in his career against the Niners.
Kyle Shanahan is 40-44 as the Niners HC.

The media loves Kyle Shanahan but I just don’t see the love. They were really good in 2019 and that really has been it. Yes, they did make the NFC championship game last year too, but he seems a bit underwhelming, imo.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The media loves Kyle Shanahan but I just don’t see the love. They were really good in 2019 and that really has been it. Yes, they did make the NFC championship game last year too, but he seems a bit underwhelming, imo.
He played at Cherry Creek though.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Every year Jimmy G has been healthy they've at least made the NFC championship game. The problem has been he's only been healthy 2 out of the 5 years he's been in SF which is why they drafted Lance in the first place.

The difference this year is they no longer have a great offensive line, so that offense may need more of a playmaker than Jimmy can provide.

I guess you can call it excuse making for Shanahan but it's hard to win games with Nick Mullins and CJ Beathard as your starting QB.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah that’s not good. I don’t think he’s going to pan out to be an nfl starter.
Ohio State always has great athlete QBs instead of QBs who are great athletes. When they rack up obnoxious stats against inferior opponents, the media publicity inevitably follows.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Ohio State always has great athlete QBs instead of QBs who are great athletes. When they rack up obnoxious stats against inferior opponents, the media publicity inevitably follows.
Predicting NFL success of college quarterbacks is such a crapshoot, anyway. There are some schools that tend to get quarterbacks drafted high, but even then, not all of the prospects pan out.

If you look at the starters across the position, the colleges that they went to are all over the place. Off the top of my head, only Oklahoma and Alabama have more than one alum listed as a starting QB on an NFL team. I might be missing a school or two, but it isn't more than that.

Certainly NFL scouts have seen that evidence and take it into account, so the only explanation I can come up with is that it's really, really, really difficult to predict how a QB prospect will pan out in the pros.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Predicting NFL success of college quarterbacks is such a crapshoot, anyway. There are some schools that tend to get quarterbacks drafted high, but even then, not all of the prospects pan out.

If you look at the starters across the position, the colleges that they went to are all over the place. Off the top of my head, only Oklahoma and Alabama have more than one alum listed as a starting QB on an NFL team. I might be missing a school or two, but it isn't more than that.

Certainly NFL scouts have seen that evidence and take it into account, so the only explanation I can come up with is that it's really, really, really difficult to predict how a QB prospect will pan out in the pros.
Oregon with Mariota and Herbert. Damn

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

Who would have thought that out Jalen Hurts would possibly have the most success out of the recent Oklahoma QBs?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Who would have thought that out Jalen Hurts would possibly have the most success out of the recent Oklahoma QBs?
We'll see how it plays out, but yeah he's looking pretty good

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Imagine what tOSU QB stats would be if they were in the B1G West.

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

That OPI call was utter trash.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

Neal getting abused.