MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He definitely has struggled in NY. As a Rangers fan, I still have a soft spot for him and hope he finds a place he does well. I'm glad to see IKF and Trevino doing ok in pinstripes.

Trevino has been great. Have to give him a lot of credit for the pitching. Has hit way better than expected, some huge game winners and seems to be a guy all of the other dudes really like.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Anyone have their team on Apple TV yet? How's the overall quality of the broadcast? Brewers are on Apple TV tomorrow night, which is an exclusive broadcast. Doesn't bother me much since I'll just sync up Bob Uecker with the video. However, the bars and restaurants won't like it since they all have satellite and cable. You may say it's just one game, but if I was out to eat somewhere, I'd I want the game on.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Anyone have their team on Apple TV yet? How's the overall quality of the broadcast? Brewers are on Apple TV tomorrow night, which is an exclusive broadcast. Doesn't bother me much since I'll just sync up Bob Uecker with the video. However, the bars and restaurants won't like it since they all have satellite and cable. You may say it's just one game, but if I was out to eat somewhere, I'd I want the game on.

The White Sox have been on it twice so far. Not an enjoyable experience! Here is an article that I read that sums my thoughts up perfectly about watching games on Apple TV: https://decider.com/2022/07/01/baseball-on-apple-tv-plus-peacock-review/

• Informative
Reactions: stormchaser2014

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The White Sox have been on it twice so far. Not an enjoyable experience! Here is an article that I read that sums my thoughts up perfectly about watching games on Apple TV: https://decider.com/2022/07/01/baseball-on-apple-tv-plus-peacock-review/
Cubs were on it early in the season and it was pretty rough. The announcers said "we're gonna keep it here for the 7th inning stretch" and then talked the entire time during it. You just don't do that, especially at Wrigley

Reactions: cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cubs were on it early in the season and it was pretty rough. The announcers said "we're gonna keep it here for the 7th inning stretch" and then talked the entire time during it. You just don't do that, especially at Wrigley

Yeah...not sure what Apple TV was thinking...but it feels like they put their "team" together at the last minute and didn't practice? Brutal to sit and listen to a game with Apple TV's production.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. Been seeing a lot of near collisions in the outfield this year. Maybe should have been carted off after that collision.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Figured as much. My main gripe is you need a smart TV or computer, plus an Apple account to watch. I'd prefer ESPN or FOX, at least those are standard with any TV provider. If this were an end of September potential division clinching game, no one could gather at their favorite bar to watch. If my grandma was still alive, she'd be pissed she wouldn't be able to watch the game tonight.

As for the announcers, who wants to listen to someone who knows nothing about their team, butcher player names, and who has probably only prepared for a few days? No Brewers fan I can tell you that. Like I said, I'll just put on Bob. Even Brian Anderson, our TV guy, was throwing subtle shade at Apple the other day, heavily suggesting to listen to the radio tonight.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Trying to get the audio synced up with the video, you can't pause the video feed to let the audio feed catch up and the actual AM radio is way ahead of the video. At least with Youtube they let you select home/away audio feeds.

Already seeing comments saying the announcers aren't even paying attention to the game. The PxP said "he can't hold up" on a backwards K.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As a father of a young boy who would do anything to make his year by getting a foul at an MLB game, I can appreciate the hell out of this effort. (Maybe not the execution but definitely the effort :p )

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Just saw a story that TEN Royals players (my team) won’t be traveling to Toronto as unvaccinated, including Merrifield and Benetendi. How embarrassing as an organization.

Merrifield was one of my favorites, but I have lost a ton of respect for him. Trade them both and burn it all down, including Dayton.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Just saw a story that TEN Royals players (my team) won’t be traveling to Toronto as unvaccinated, including Merrifield and Benetendi. How embarrassing as an organization.

Merrifield was one of my favorites, but I have lost a ton of respect for him. Trade them both and burn it all down, including Dayton.
And both of our catchers. ******* morons.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Well, scratch Benetendi as a trade prospect to the Yanks who are looking for an outfielder. Benetendi was talked up as being a good fit. Ah, not with Jays being a good team in the east that they have to play.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mid-season note to fans of other teams on their ex-players playing in NY. Not trolling, just an opinion on me loving or not loving them.

Matt Carpenter, Cards - Already posted in the Cardinals thread that I LOVE this guy. How can a Yankee fan not love him, He's been an unexpected super-find after looking to be washed up and done with everyone passing on him.

Anthony Rizzo, Cubs - Duh, love him. Batting average is low but plays great 1st base and been huge in the clutch with 22 HR and 57 RBI. I don't follow the NL but get now why my Cub fan farmer buddy in Iowa loves him.

Joey Gallo, Rangers - Woof. Feel bad for him. He's just sucked at the plate since coming to NY. Outstanding outfield play but you can't carry a designated fielder. Will be pretty surprised if he is on Yank roster come August. Great haircut.

Jose Trevino, Rangers - Love him. Been terrific with the staff and hitting better than expected. Fit = 100%. By all accounts an awesome guy in the clubhouse.

Josh Donaldson, Twins - Guy's an *******, which I knew already. Been playing a really good 3rd base. Hitting just well enough. Still an ******* but can't complain too much about his on field play.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Mid-season note to fans of other teams on their ex-players playing in NY. Not trolling, just an opinion on me loving or not loving them...

Josh Donaldson, Twins - Guy's an *******, which I knew already. Been playing a really good 3rd base. Hitting just well enough. Still an ******* but can't complain too much about his on field play.
Donaldson has to be one of the most overpaid guys in baseball. Considering his overall production, I'm so glad the Twins were able to get out of that contract.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron