2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He'd be safe. We'd be so confused with his name that it will take us a couple years to criticize him by name.
We are still unsure of Kene’s last name so we just call him Kene. Now if his first name was Mike or Jim, it would make it really difficult to say who you mean.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Wouldn't be surprised after the success the Vols offense had this season that Golesh will be making 1.5-2 million after the new contract I'm sure he will be getting.

Edit: Just saw he was making 1.2 million this season so I'm sure that will probably be going up.
And my guess is if Tennessee's offense can continue being top 15, Golesh will leverage it into a HC job at a P5 program.

Jumping from Tennessee to ISU OC makes zero sense professionally.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We are still unsure of Kene’s last name so we just call him Kene. Now if his first name was Mike or Jim, it would make it really difficult to say who you mean.

I'm sure we could still find a way to say "the new OC sucks." It's just so much less personal without a name attached.

Also, whoever the new guy is hasn't called a touchdown play yet. He's running behind.

Reactions: BCClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
if we executed once we got in our opponent's territory, we're probably 8-4 this year. I hope that's something that is improved next season

If our offense was simply “bad” this year we’re probably 11-1 and looking to avenge our sole loss last week to TCU on Saturday - that’s how good the defense was this year.

And who knows? If our offense wasn’t so bad perhaps our defense doesn’t collapse against TCU and we’re looking at 12-0.

The point is, for most of the year we had a top 10 defense nationally but it was irrelevant because our opponent only needed to score 17 points in most games to win - and our offense hung our defense out to dry so often that it wasn’t a hard goal for them to overcome.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's also bad business to burn your sources by going public too early. I don't think CF is trying to be in the business of breaking big stories before anyone else.

Of course. I said, it's a tricky thing.

It's really only an issue in situations like these. Outside of a coach search the content on paid CF is not unique.

I do think CF has a critical interest in reporting Cyclone sports better than other sources.

Reactions: cynile

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I get all the discussion on Manning, but I'm very surprised by Andrews being let go. Why was this? I thought there was some clear evidence of the impact he made his first 2 years. This most recent season was a dumpster fire, but I didn't consider placing it on him.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Crybabies on CF:
"Campbell never changes and he will never fire his buddies"
"Well, sure he fired Wade after the ND bowl game, but Manning is never getting fired. Campbell will never do it. He's too stubborn"
"Well, sure he canned Manning, but he's got his hands all over the offense."
"Campbell is too stubborn, and will never change, so his offense will always be the same"

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I get all the discussion on Manning, but I'm very surprised by Andrews being let go. Why was this? I thought there was some clear evidence of the impact he made his first 2 years. This most recent season was a dumpster fire, but I didn't consider placing it on him.
Not sure myself, but others have pointed out the S&C coach spends the most time with the players, more than anyone else. Might be something you could only really tell internally?

Our o-line seemed to not really generate any push, but then the d-line had no issues with strength from what I could tell.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I prefer a run up the middle for a two yard loss. Gotta respect tradition.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It certainly seems Campbell has his hands on the offense. If he is insisting on that again then it is he who must change otherwise this will fail spectacularly.
Campbell is the head coach so I hope he has a hand on ISU's offense. He wouldn't be doing his job as CEO of ISU's football program if he didn't impart his vision for an offense style of play.

If people are expecting a radically different offense next year, I think they will be very disappointed. We will be a balanced offense where establishing a run game and all the other things Campbell has preached over the last 7 years will continue to be part of his DNA.

What will hopefully be different is specific play calling, execution and I PRAY a new approach to our not-so Special Teams.