2021 Stock Market

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
If anybody is into shorting stocks you might want to jump on shorting Delta Airlines a couple points. Their codeshare partner AeroMexico is dropping to Level2 which means Delta will lose them as a partner. The news accidentally leaked but hasn't been picked up broadly yet.

Reactions: usedcarguy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If anybody is into shorting stocks you might want to jump on shorting Delta Airlines a couple points. Their codeshare partner AeroMexico is dropping to Level2 which means Delta will lose them as a partner. The news accidentally leaked but hasn't been picked up broadly yet.
So I should sell the one share I have of them?

Reactions: TXCyclones

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I’m not very familiar with airlines. Could you explain in a little more details what this means? What does this deal mean operationally to delta?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I’m not very familiar with airlines. Could you explain in a little more details what this means? What does this deal mean operationally to delta?

Basically AeroMexico will not be able to fly into the U.S., nor will Delta be able to use Aero's routes for their customers. Where Delta could fly customers from Atlanta (or wherever) into Mexico City and then put them on an AeroMexico flight to continue on to Cancun or South America or wherever, they can no longer do that. This essentially kills all of Delta's Latin America business.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

AllTimeClone

Apr 16, 2021
What is everyone thinking about growth stocks right now? TDOC and Etsy are looking like decent buys coming 35-40% off all-time highs.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
What is everyone thinking about growth stocks right now? TDOC and Etsy are looking like decent buys coming 35-40% off all-time highs.

The ones I have have been beat up lately. My growth sector stocks only up .24% for the last 3 months. ABNB leading the way down 25.35% for the same period. ODFL is my best performer overall last 3 months +22%.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
I've been adding to DKNG, PLTR, SNOW, and XLNX (for AMD post-merger) plus a few SPAC plays (IPOE and THCB). I let ETSY go after its huge rally last summer and haven't looked back.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
No, you can't live on the moon. GME went there, circled the moon then came back to Earth. Now it's AMC's turn. It's probably too late to get on this rocket, it's already on it's way.
I bought in at $14 in February and sold in March for $10. I wish I would’ve held. #PaperHands

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Current Fed money policy equals endless rally. No other way to look at it

"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop."
~Herbert Stein

"In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."
~Rudi Dornbusch

"But how do we know when irrational exuberance has unduly escalated asset values, which then become subject to unexpected and prolonged contractions?"
~Alan Greenspan

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
AMC going to the moon today. HOLD THE LINE

Boy am I glad I kept buying all the way down to under $10 on AMC after jumping in at $13 during the meme stonk days.

edit: also saw yesterday that AMC cost the hedge funds 618 million. The squeeze cycle begins as they start buying more shares to cover themselves. It’s a beautiful thing.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop."
~Herbert Stein

"In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."
~Rudi Dornbusch

"But how do we know when irrational exuberance has unduly escalated asset values, which then become subject to unexpected and prolonged contractions?"
~Alan Greenspan

In 6 months the stock market was back to all-time highs despite a global pandemic.. I'm a long term investor and don't see a 3, 5 or 10 year period of low to no gains for my holdings with modern monetary theory running the show..

Some day we are going to crash hard from the endless debt obligations.. But that crash isn't in the near/mid term