***2021 Olympics thread***

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Not to get into a whole big thing, but I‘ve been taking a xanax generic for about 20 years. Low dosage, but twice per day. I have never been asked if I wanted to seek assistance in weening off this medication. I go into my doctor’s (different doctor than the one i mentioned earlier in the thread about my ankle rehab, of course. Totally different medical discipline of course) office every 6 months, just for him to send a new refill to the pharmacy and collect a copay.

Telling you…if I miss a couple doses, I feel like I want to die.
The bolded statement is not surprising about today's medical doctors. It is much easier for them to write a R/X for the issue. This is the case for both mental and physical health.

I'm glad it works for you but the the part about how you feel if you miss a dose or two is a little concerning.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Not to get into a whole big thing, but I‘ve been taking a xanax generic for about 20 years. Low dosage, but twice per day. I have never been asked if I wanted to seek assistance in weening off this medication. I go into my doctor’s (different doctor than the one i mentioned earlier in the thread about my ankle rehab, of course. Totally different medical discipline of course) office every 6 months, just for him to send a new refill to the pharmacy and collect a copay.

Telling you…if I miss a couple doses, I feel like I want to die.
I don't doubt it one bit. Was a stretch there that I talked to my GP about my stress level getting so bad it was getting into full blown panic attacks. Never once did they recommend going to therapy but instead wrote script after script for different SSRI's along with a benzo PRN. SSRI's were hell for me in the start and even worse coming off of them...brain zaps, fog, etc. Benzo's thank god I only took a handful of times and couldn't handle the "hangover" from them. I know a few people that have gone through benzo ween off and the withdrawals are horrible. I ended up finally going to see a great therapist and really helped along with changing up my lifestyle habits.

ISULibrarian

Apr 17, 2010
If anyone is interested in being further enraged by USA Gymnastics, Jane Coaston's had some informative threads this morning on the level of complicity in protecting Larry Nassar that shows the level of **** that Simone had to put up with, including showing up at a birthday party for the daughter of the head of USAG. This same guy didn't report Nassar to the FBI when presented with evidence of what he had done to the gymnasts under his care, and is currently on trial for keeping this abuse hidden from the Feds.

• Angry
Reactions: cowgirl836

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Just a reminder that Cyclone T&F legend Hillary Bor's Tokyo Olympics journey starts tonight.

From Cyclones.com

Iowa State alum Hillary Bor begins his second Olympic Games Thursday night (Friday morning in Toyko) with the heats of the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase. Bor toes the line at 7:30 p.m. Central, looking to advance to the final that will take place Monday, August 2 at 7:15 a.m. Central (9: 15 p.m. in Tokyo).

Coverage of Thursday evening's heats will be shown on USA, with their broadcast beginning at 7 p.m. The finals on Monday morning will be streamed live on NBCOlympics.com, with television coverage coming as part of NBC's Monday night primetime broadcast.

Here's an update of all the Cyclones competing in the Olympics.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just a reminder that Cyclone T&F legend Hillary Bor's Tokyo Olympics journey starts tonight.

From Cyclones.com

Iowa State alum Hillary Bor begins his second Olympic Games Thursday night (Friday morning in Toyko) with the heats of the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase. Bor toes the line at 7:30 p.m. Central, looking to advance to the final that will take place Monday, August 2 at 7:15 a.m. Central (9: 15 p.m. in Tokyo).

Coverage of Thursday evening's heats will be shown on USA, with their broadcast beginning at 7 p.m. The finals on Monday morning will be streamed live on NBCOlympics.com, with television coverage coming as part of NBC's Monday night primetime broadcast.

Here's an update of all the Cyclones competing in the Olympics.

They do heats in the steeplechase? Those crazy ******** have to do it more than once?

Reactions: Clark

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Concerned on what was going on with her that she just pulls herself out of the Olympics in the middle of the team event. Part of me wants to be disappointed in her for letting herself and teammates down in the middle of the Olympics, and part of me wants to feel bad for her that she was so stressed out that it came to that. Hopefully she comes back.
Read this then dump the disappointed part:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Hillary Bor is in heat 3 of the steeplechase. Scheduled start time is 8:04 p.m. CT, on USA Network.

Heat 1 is just finishing now (7:40 p.m.).

Top 3 in each heat advance, with 6 more advancing on time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not in a Covid way, but is there a reason these families are in such tight quarters watching their member in the events?

I get claustrophobic just watching it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not in a Covid way, but is there a reason these families are in such tight quarters watching their member in the events?

I get claustrophobic just watching it.

Because they don't have big houses? A lot of these sports don't make a bunch of money for the athletes, and I'm guessing quite a few of these families have helped them pursue their Olympic dreams.

Then throw in a family watch party for relatives. Boom full house. This is all a random guess by me.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Because they don't have big houses? A lot of these sports don't make a bunch of money for the athletes, and I'm guessing quite a few of these families have helped them pursue their Olympic dreams.

Then throw in a family watch party for relatives. Boom full house. This is all a random guess by me.

I would have guessed that somehow since folks couldn't go watch in person, maybe a bigger spot could be provided.

Some of them look like they're in big hotel conference rooms or something which looks a little better.

This is coming from someone who used to get overwhelmed watching the Super Bowl with like 7 people so...

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
This Olympics is full of surprises. Novak Djokovic just got upset in the men's singles semi-final to end his pursuit of Golden Slam. Steffi Graf in 1988 remains the only tennis player to achieve the Golden Slam.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Vivianne Miedema scores her 9th goal of the tournament to put the Netherlands up 1-0 against the US. Sam Mewis gets it back a few minutes later with a header for the US!

And Lynn Williams scores a second for the US!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron