2021 NBA playoffs thread

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Durant is the best player in game but I'm glad the Nets' brand of moneyball didn't pay.

Harden now has time to get healthy and practice the game's best 3 point flop.

I'm glad their brand of moneyball didn't pay either. Granted it only didn't happen due to injuries most likely, but I'm still glad they weren't rewarded for it.

And people say.... well then Milwaukee or Minnesota should just buy a title too then. It doesn't work that way folks. The dollars don't work.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
It's been a great series, lots of exciting plays and plenty of drama. I have one word for each team.

Bucks - Redemption
As a team with the right mentality and attitude they have come back from the two previous early-than-expected playoff exits and are gaining the momentum to advance deeper.

Nets - Karma
The basketball God probably doesn't want to see a super team fully of mercenaries win a championship that easily without trial and tribulation. Have a nice fishing trip.

I'm rooting for the Suns vs Bucks in the NBA Finals. We need Nader to represent ISU in the Finals (even though he won't play). I hope CP3 won't be out for too long (already ruled out for Game 1 vs Clippers due to Covid protocol).

P.S. I'm glad that Rulzzz will be watching this playoffs till the end. ;)

The league's hope for LA vs Brooklyn finals is still there. If that ends up being the finals I'm not watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: t-noah

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
That's not true at all.... I call things as I see them.

Good basketball is not Giannis standing there in good guarding position and James Harden taking his off shooting hand and flailing it into Giannis' arm and going up for the shot with his shooting hand. And good basketball is not Blake Griffin literally just grabbing and holding on to PJ Tucker until Tucker finally gets pissed and tries to get out of the hold and in doing so he gets called for the foul and fouls out of a game 7. That's horrible, and it's not only horrible officiating.... it's actually cheating on the parts of Harden and Griffin... and it's ruining the game.

At least the NBA is finally recognizing some of this and making some rule changes for next year. Harden won't be allowed to jump into people next year and flail and throw up garbage shots in order to get to the FT line.... it sounds like anyway.

I call things as I see them..... it has nothing to do with making anyone feel miserable. The NBA has needed some changes for a while now.
Nite, nite.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm glad their brand of moneyball didn't pay either. Granted it only didn't happen due to injuries most likely, but I'm still glad they weren't rewarded for it.

And people say.... well then Milwaukee or Minnesota should just buy a title too then. It doesn't work that way folks. The dollars don't work.

So what are the rules for building a team fairly? The Bucks made a huge trade (twice in 3 years), mortgaged their future to bring in Holiday to play alongside their stars and have the 6th highest payroll in the league. They spend much less than the Nets but are still outspending 80% of the league. They aren't some rag tag team we should be impressed with.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
So what are the rules for building a team fairly? The Bucks made a huge trade (twice in 3 years), mortgaged their future to bring in Holiday to play alongside their stars and have the 6th highest payroll in the league. They spend much less than the Nets but are still outspending 80% of the league. They aren't some rag tag team we should be impressed with.

Which teams are in the top five besides the Nets and Lakers? Would image the payroll number drops off fairly quickly after the top five?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
He doesn’t know what he’s saying. He claimed the Clippers are a super team, despite them having Leonard and George and then a bunch of nobodies no one has ever heard of.

Reactions: heitclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I'm always surprised that there aren't even more championship teams built around buying a team vs drafting a team. Bulls and Rockets core was drafted, Spurs core was drafted, GSW won title with drafted core before they added Durant. The Lakers drafted Kobe but all of their historic pieces around him were acquired with deals, last year was certainly a bought title.

Dallas drafted Dirk who won a title and could almost be considered two for anyone who watched.

It's hard to put Cleveland's title in that bought category when LBJ likely never returns ifhe had t been drafted by them.

Even the "money" championship teams still tend to draft their legendary players and add around them, Lakers and LBJ Heat being the exception.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm always surprised that there aren't even more championship teams built around buying a team vs drafting a team. Bulls and Rockets core was drafted, Spurs core was drafted, GSW won title with drafted core before they added Durant. The Lakers drafted Kobe but all of their historic pieces around him were acquired with deals, last year was certainly a bought title.

Dallas drafted Dirk who won a title and could almost be considered two for anyone who watched.

It's hard to put Cleveland's title in that bought category when LBJ likely never returns ifhe had t been drafted by them.

Even the "money" championship teams still tend to draft their legendary players and add around them, Lakers and LBJ Heat being the exception.
Technically the Hornets drafted Kobe.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Which teams are in the top five besides the Nets and Lakers? Would image the payroll number drops off fairly quickly after the top five?

Nets and Warriors are top 2....by a lot. Philly, and the LA teams are next. Bucks are basically a wash with the LA teams and going forward, are on the hook for the 4th highest payroll next year and 2nd highest for '23. They were 27 mil over the cap this year. They are no different than the teams trying to build a super team, they just haven't been able to win.

• Informative
Reactions: Neptune78

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Crazy that cp3 out hasn't mattered yet because of long break and game one win.

Won't we know if he was vaccinated simply because of the length of time out? It's rumored he was vaccinated which shifts potential blame toward the league policy and away from him yet he won't publicly state it.

Crazy story to happen to player that has been #2 player in best looking team.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Crazy that cp3 out hasn't mattered yet because of long break and game one win.

Won't we know if he was vaccinated simply because of the length of time out? It's rumored he was vaccinated which shifts potential blame toward the league policy and away from him yet he won't publicly state it.

Crazy story to happen to player that has been #2 player in best looking team.
Good win for PHX for sure but I doubt they get it if kawhi was playing