2021 NBA playoffs thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It is kind of ridiculous the amount of injuries. I feel like people will remember this postseason more for the injuries than for who actually wins.

A lot of talk has been that many of these injuries this season are being blamed on the quick turnaround from last year to this season. Maybe but several of these I think are just bad luck like Kyrie's.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If CP3 chose not to get vaccinated that could be what keeps him from a legacy as a player who took a team to a championship.

If he did get it and somehow still positive that's like the worst luck of all time and maybe even a screw up in the league protocols to not let him play.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
If CP3 chose not to get vaccinated that could be what keeps him from a legacy as a player who took a team to a championship.

If he did get it and somehow still positive that's like the worst luck of all time and maybe even a screw up in the league protocols to not let him play.

Yeah, if he’s vaccinated it’s no big deal. If not who knows.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
A lot of talk has been that many of these injuries this season are being blamed on the quick turnaround from last year to this season. Maybe but several of these I think are just bad luck like Kyrie's.

There were a lot of predictions about this very thing months ago. I seem to remember players pushing for a later start date, and that was blown off.
The body needs rest periods. Pushing athletes to roll right back into a season was begging for this, and here we are.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There were a lot of predictions about this very thing months ago. I seem to remember players pushing for a later start date, and that was blown off.
The body needs rest periods. Pushing athletes to roll right back into a season was begging for this, and here we are.

NFL gets a lot of injury attention but NBA teams end up with over 100 games on average.

I be t some players will break 200 games in under two full years shortened time frame even with ten less games this year.

Just look at our six young ISU guys. I think Niang may have been the only one to not deal with injuries.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

And then right around the corner is the Olympics. The roster they put together for team usa will be very interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
@ShamsCharania: Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

How the **** are these people not vaccinated.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Next year should be even worse then, you'll have guys playing in the Olympics who will essentially have no offseason. I am glad we have guys that want to represent the US bball team but I wouldn't blame anyone who opted out of this.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Next year should be even worse then, you'll have guys playing in the Olympics who will essentially have no offseason. I am glad we have guys that want to represent the US bball team but I wouldn't blame anyone who opted out of this.

I think it might end up being a team of Zach LaVine type guys.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Your original take is a little too far, but agree with the premise. He is extremely talented just has a completely different skill set of a normal scorer in the nba. He won’t have the same scoring skill set of KD, but not many people ever will. In regards to a killer instinct- this is same thing said about KD for first 5-6 years of his career. Couldn’t win the big game or close down stretch.

Poor team building and coaching in Milwaukee- hardly in a spot to make him successful. As someone mentioned earlier imagine CP3 running that team with a giannis pick and roll. Hard to believe the perfect compliment for him is a pick and pop 3/D guy in Middleton.
Problem is CP3 would probably be standing in a corner shooting 3s in Milwaukee's system, and we would be all sitting here saying he sucks. Budenholzer does less with more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron