***2020 Vikings Thread***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If we get into the top 10 for picks, I really think we should trade up for Lawrence.
Good luck. People aren’t going to trade out of that spot other than the Bengals and Texans. Everybody else within range of the #1 pick is taking Lawrence.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Pathetic. Cousins is a joke. I’d keep Zimmer, but fire Spielman. Focus on a new QB for next year.

Got to dig out of cap hell from the 1995 approach they’ve taken in recent years by paying huge long term deals to several Veteran defensive players and an injured RB.

Jefferson and Wilson have been pleasant surprises. Ngokwe and Thielen have been solid. Kendricks and Smith have been fine, but they are getting paid a ton. About everybody else has underperformed their salary and/or draft pick.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Cousins is the Vikings QB for the next year and a half barring injury.
I’d still swear they’re tanking on purpose for a higher draft pick.

All those draft picks, and they addressed everything except the two guard spots. Well, unless you count the small school kid.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
The Vikings need to spend a 1st or 2nd round on an offensive lineman. Then load up on more on day 3.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Pierce, Hunter, Barr and Cook are out, and the OL still needs a pair of guards. What did you expect?
They were bad with Barr and Cook. Hunter hurts, but the went and got Ngokue. Horrible job with personnel. The defense is a huge problem. Spending that many early picks, the highest cap percent spent on defense in the league and a defensive-minded head coach for this piece of garbage defense?

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and Acylum

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They were bad with Barr and Cook. Hunter hurts, but the went and got Ngokue. Horrible job with personnel. The defense is a huge problem. Spending that many early picks, the highest cap percent spent on defense in the league and a defensive-minded head coach for this piece of garbage defense?
I can’t claim that I ever considered Ngakoue anything more than an iffy pickup at best.

The OL is so bad that Cook was at least a distraction for Cousins to be able to pass. Now they don’t have that.

The corners are green, and need the veteran presence that Pierce, Hunter and Barr would provide. Frankly, I figured this defense was doomed the moment Pierce opted out because of COVID concerns.

I mean seriously, you’re complaining about the defense being bad all season when they’ve been missing Pierce and Hunter all year—and before Barr was hurt, the inexperienced corners were riddled with injuries?

Do you usually post in the Cyclone GameDay threads after losses? Sounds like the exact same thing.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I can’t claim that I ever considered Ngakoue anything more than an iffy pickup at best.

The OL is so bad that Cook was at least a distraction for Cousins to be able to pass. Now they don’t have that.

The corners are green, and need the veteran presence that Pierce, Hunter and Barr would provide. Frankly, I figured this defense was doomed the moment Pierce opted out because of COVID concerns.

I mean seriously, you’re complaining about the defense being bad all season when they’ve been missing Pierce and Hunter all year—and before Barr was hurt, the inexperienced corners were riddled with injuries?

Do you usually post in the Cyclone GameDay threads after losses? Sounds like the exact same thing.
I didn’t expect them to be some brick wall without those guys. They were always gonna take their lumps. But the product they put out there is barely functional at times. And when you spend that much draft capital on the D, there should be some decent depth to fill in. It isn’t there. It’s an organizational nightmare.

Reactions: cyfan21

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

If the defense was doomed due to Pierce opting out then Spielman and Zimmer should be fired on the spot. Without Pierce they still had the highest priced defense in the league.

Ngokue is absolutely no Hunter but has been a very serviceable guy to say the least so far. Rhodes was terrible last year, and Wayne’s was mediocre. You draft a 1st round CB you shouldn’t be this much worse.

With the injuries and the Pierce opt out they weren’t going to be great. But they still have enough big contracts and high draft picks out there that they shouldn’t be this terrible.

The offense sucks too. Big surprise when after today you can see why Sumia was playing. Cleveland is horrible.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum