***2020 Vikings Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Losers lose.

I don’t care if it’s Russell Wilson. When you spend more money and draft picks than anybody in the league you don’t give up 90 yards in 45 seconds without burning a time out.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

I was saying this when it happened, Mattison had a TD 4 feet to his right. Just totally whiffed on it. I'd bet Cook finds his way there, he's much better laterally than Mattison is. I'm fine with the attempt at winning the game, I also would've assumed Wilson would string together a TD drive after... and I wouldn't like the odds of beating him in OT, either.

Getting hosed on the pass at the end... insult to injury (not that it really mattered, but still).

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
They won't draft a QB. Cousins will be the starting QB next year and in 2022. They overpaid for a mediocre QB and then threw all remaining money into re-signing veterans that actually deserved to be paid.

They can draft a QB and Cousins can still start until the new QB is ready.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They won't draft a QB. Cousins will be the starting QB next year and in 2022. They overpaid for a mediocre QB and then threw all remaining money into re-signing veterans that actually deserved to be paid.
Also sewing the seeds of not making any tough cap decisions on the defensive side of the ball until this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was saying this when it happened, Mattison had a TD 4 feet to his right. Just totally whiffed on it. I'd bet Cook finds his way there, he's much better laterally than Mattison is. I'm fine with the attempt at winning the game, I also would've assumed Wilson would string together a TD drive after... and I wouldn't like the odds of beating him in OT, either.

Getting hosed on the pass at the end... insult to injury (not that it really mattered, but still).
Not so fast, if you see who 30 is blocking, he does have his outside shoulder looking like he was preparing for slight containment. May have shed the block and taken the play laterally.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We need a new everything. Cousins is ******* terrible, but he didn't surrender 96 yards in less than 2 minutes.
Defense had to get off the field when it counted. They gave up, what, two 4th-and-10s on the final drive? You deserve to lose after that.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I thought going on 4th was a good call, and looks like the Vikes called a good play but the RB just poorly executed it. However, I didn't like the third down play...a slow-developing end-around play on a really short field...it screams "cool if we get a first down, but we are kicking FG on 4th down". Also, if Thielen had lowered down and plowed forward, he might have gotten a first down. Instead, it seemed like he was running upright and got knocked backwards.

• Agree
Reactions: Al_4_State

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Defense had to get off the field when it counted. They gave up, what, two 4th-and-10s on the final drive? You deserve to lose after that.

Absolutely.

I'd argue that you deserved the loss when you couldn't pick up a foot after you've gashed their run defense all night long.

I wanted them to go for it on 4th. If they had kicked a FG, everyone knows that Wilson would have driven up the field and tied the game and the Vikings would have lost in OT. If they pick up one measly foot, they win. If they don't, Seattle has to go 94 yards.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
The thing is, this morning, all of us Viking fans not surprised that happened. At. All.
Frankly, I was surprised to see it be a game at all, I expected a blowout loss. Vikings played well overall, just had the stretch of 21 points given up in 2 game minutes and then didn't finish in crunch time.

Sucks losing 2 games by a point each.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
We need a new everything. Cousins is ******* terrible, but he didn't surrender 96 yards in less than 2 minutes.
The defense played fine, they just got beat when it mattered most. The Vikings first two picks need to be a lineman and they need to sign a veteran cornerback. Thee young guys aren't cutting it.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The defense played fine, they just got beat when it mattered most. The Vikings first two picks need to be a lineman and they need to sign a veteran cornerback. Thee young guys aren't cutting it.

They played great a lot of the game, but 94 yards in less than 2 minutes, whilst surrendering 2 4th down conversions is completely unnaceptable.

As is Cousins' performance this year. I really thought he had turned a corner last year. He's just ******* horrific without Diggs.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
They played great a lot of the game, but 94 yards in less than 2 minutes, whilst surrendering 2 4th down conversions is completely unnaceptable.

As is Cousins' performance this year. I really thought he had turned a corner last year. He's just ******* horrific without Diggs.
Jefferson has filled that roll well, but not to the level of Diggs. It's hard to fully blame Cousins when he's never had a good o-line.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
If Cleveland doesn't start over Dru Samia next game, I'm going to lose my mind.