2019 Coaching Carousel

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Discussion of job openings, rumors and hires here. I will update this post along the way.

Kansas: Les Miles (unemployed)
Texas Tech: Matt Wells (Utah State HC)
North Carolina: Mack Brown (unemployed)
Maryland: Mike Locksley (Alabama OC)
Louisville: Scott Satterfield (App State HC)
Colorado: Mel Tucker (Georgia DC)
Georgia Tech: Geoff Collins (Temple HC)
Kansas State: Chris Klieman (NDSU HC)
Ohio State: Ryan Day (Ohio State OC)
Miami: Manny Diaz (Temple HC (sorta))
Houston: Dana Holgorsen (West Virginia HC)
West Virginia: Neal Brown (Troy HC)

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m sure this is being discussed in KK thread but anyway...

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Wasnt Jim just an "ok" head coach? For some reason something just keeps telling me this would be just an average hire.
If I remember right he was pretty successful at USF but his players hated him. Had a reputation as a psycho, if I remember right Mac took an assistant job there right after being fired at ISU and jumped off the staff after 1 season.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Wouldn't this be something. It's crazy considering he was on the hot seat a few seasons ago.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
If I remember right he was pretty successful at USF but his players hated him. Had a reputation as a psycho, if I remember right Mac took an assistant job there right after being fired at ISU and jumped off the staff after 1 season.

Yes, it was rumored that after each loss, Leavitt would force the assistants to work crazy hours......don’t thibk he understood the law of diminishing returns.

Plus he hit ine of his players which ended his tenure at USF

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Holgerson to TT would be very unprofessional on his part. And West Virginia is going to lose a ton of fire power this year.

Well Holgerson and professional are two words that really don't go well together. I'd be glad if that yahoo went to a different conference.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21