2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just from what I've heard and what I've read it wouldn't surprise me that Mike Leach might be the next head coach at Arkansas.

Leach had expressed interest in the past but always got overlooked. He may be at the top of their list this time.

I have no clue whether he will or won't be the next coach but Arkansas would be stupid to not seriously consider him. On the flip side, I'd avoid the Arkansas job like the plague.
It's not so much the job its that division. Leach would be great at Florida State. His scheme there would be perfect.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Rich Rod will get one of the head jobs this offseason. He is doing a good job with the Ole Miss offense. Dominated LSU on his side of the ball yesterday.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Of course speculation on Michigan St coach getting canned and one of the first names that comes up is Campbell.

• Dislike
Reactions: CySmurf

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Of course speculation on Michigan St coach getting canned and one of the first names that comes up is Campbell.

That’s one we don’t want to open up - any upper echelon Big 10 jobs seem to be something that many think could pry Campbell away. He’s not going to USC or Florida State.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That’s one we don’t want to open up - any upper echelon Big 10 jobs seem to be something that many think could pry Campbell away. He’s not going to USC or Florida State.

MSU would be quasi lateral. I mean they have alwalys been better but it ia still middle of the road program in the B10. I am not worried one bit about that job opening.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: Jer and everyyard

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
rich rod hasn't done squat since WVU. He was an idiot for leaving.

Ehh, the big east was practically a minor conference when he left. He could have stayed and had a few more years of nice W-L records on easier schedules, but there's no guarantee the big 12 transition would have been any better for him than his years at his next stops.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Its pretty hard to see him leaving for a college job that isn't tOSU, Michigan, or ND. There's no reason for him to believe he can't win a conference title here so the only reason to leave is for a place with a much higher chance at making the CFP.

Manning coming back was a very good sign for the stability of Campbell being here.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No worries about MSU, frankly. Going got the B10 East, other than the top 3, would be a mistake. Coach knows that.