MeanDean
Reaction score

Viewing feeds

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• At least some connection? Here's another possibility: Simon & Garfunklel "Sounds of Silence" is referenced/connected/nodded to by Rush's "Spirit of Radio" SG: "for the words of the prophet are written on the subway walls..." Rush: "...are written on the studio wall, concert hall.." (neener neener neerer, drum solo, Alex riff, continued Rush awesomeness...)
    An idea for On That Note: songs that are responses to other songs. It may be challenging but, "Major Tom" by Peter Shcilling is often thought of as a response to "Space Oddity" by Bowie. Just an idea!
    With the way most people under the age of 25 are these days, I would say he thinks ALL you need to know on any subject is available with a simple key stroke. I used to work for the University Archives and students would come in there all the time and ask why they couldn't find our materials online and why we didn't scan everything we had so they COULD view it online. Once we explained the 55,000 linear feet of papers and books and that only select items are available online, it sunk in a bit. Hard to explain that to people who believe "history" only goes back to 1995.

And yes, trolls are oh-so-much fun.
    Not sold yet. I am considering putting it in the DSM Mecum auction in July. I will put a reserve on it. Probably need to walk away with $20k, so will work backwards from that. It's VERY nice. Completely redone in 1991 and BABIED since. Never driven in the rain, so still very clean underneath. Used Ford parts when available. Everything is correct/stock except it has a dual stainless steel exhaust instead of the single exhaust which is "correct" for the C Code 289.

I will be back in IA early next week. Contact me again then if you're still interested. I have another interested party going to look at it when I get back.

Contact me if you have any other questions.
    Did you ever sell your Avatar Mustang? If not, are you still thinking about it? My wife loves the '65ish. I'm more of a '70 guy, but it would be her car if we ever buy one. What are you looking to get for it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…