Bracketology 2024

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Thank you. So if you’re looking at a projected bracket you may see Omaha assigned to East and West but that is not set in stone?
Correct, but ISU is likely going to be in the East or West
Can’t be in South because Houston will be there
Likely won’t be in Midwest because Marquette will get that spot

• Informative
Reactions: twincyties

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Correct, but ISU is likely going to be in the East or West
Can’t be in South because Houston will be there
Likely won’t be in Midwest because Marquette will get that spot
Very helpful. Thank you. Feel likes this gets more confusing each year!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Would be a horrible precedent to give us a 1 seed with our non con. Wont happen.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
So, let me see if I got this straight...
If we beat Baylor tonight, we'll be a 2nd seed...but probably out East if we win 2 games in Omaha. We then could potentially run into UCONN out East somewhere...yuck.
OR...
We lose to Baylor tonight. Stay in Omaha but as a 3rd seed. If we win 2 games in Omaha we would stay in the Midwest region where we could eventually play Purdue somewhere in the Midwest.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
So, let me see if I got this straight...
If we beat Baylor tonight, we'll be a 2nd seed...but probably out East if we win 2 games in Omaha. We then could potentially run into UCONN out East somewhere...yuck.
OR...
We lose to Baylor tonight. Stay in Omaha but as a 3rd seed. If we win 2 games in Omaha we would stay in the Midwest region where we could eventually play Purdue somewhere in the Midwest.
Literally anything can happen in the tournament. Worrying about a potential Elite 8 opponent at this point seems silly. Just get the two seed and home court advantage at Omaha. Hilton West!

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
We've got no chance at a 1. That's Purdue, Houston, UCONN, and UNC IMO.
Agreed. I think those are all locked up regardless of what happens over the weekend.

I actually think the 2 line is locked in as well. Iowa State, Marquette, Tennessee, Arizona.

For me:

Midwest: 2- Purdue 7-Marquette
South: 1-Houston 6-Arizona
East: 3-UConn 8-Iowa State
West: 4-Carolina 5-Tennessee

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Compare our resume with UNC and consider us winning against Houston and UNC losing tomorrow. We deserve to at least be in the conversation if that happens.
That's where the obsession with the weak non-con comes in.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just wondering, with the way both Tennessee and Arizona lost today, if there's any way we can climb up the 2 line... ESPECIALLY with whom we have to beat in this tournament.