This is why Prohm must go........

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
what are the other 2?

Getting boat raced by Iowa a couple games earlier was a miserable game to attend.

A good Iowa team beating a bad ISU team isn't as bad on paper as others like FAMU, but having no juice against your rival at home? Inexcusable. Iowa's only win at HC the last 20 years.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Reactions: Letterkenny

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I certainly ended up being wrong on Prohm (though I don't think it was wrong to defend him after the 2019 season, when this thread started). But I think it's pretty funny that the OP's first critique is that Prohm didn't start a lineup of Wigginton, Shayok, THT, Lard, and Jacobsen against OSU--I'm not sure there's any world in which that lineup would have been successful.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

JEFF420

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 6, 2014
Michigan
Florida A&M on New Years Eve 2019 was the first experience for my wife at Hilton.
She asked me before, during, and after the game "Is Florida A&M supposed to be good?"

Also, we ran out of time to go to Hickory Park beforehand. She wanted a soft pretzel at the game, but there were none to be found. And I had to be up and working through several parts of the night in the room we were staying at.

The only thing that saved the marriage was that after the game we made fun of the Rattlers's back up big man having no clue who he was ever guarding and asking teammates what to do during every dead ball.
my wife's first game was in louisville first row ncaa. i was so mad

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Don't remember this game and don't really care to dwell on it either. Just be happy of the direction the program is moving now and not pick scabs to open up the wounds of the past. There is nothing to gain by digging up this old thread other than to bash a guy that hasn't been coaching here for 3 years now. I'd rather keep things positive and focus on the team and coach we have now that there is a lot more to be excited about than bringing up past failures.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
It's not certain the kind of coach we would have been getting in promoting assistant TJ to head coach TJ. I'm sure he'd be the first to tell you that the seasoning of being a head coach in Brookings and Paradise has led him to who he is and where we are in Ames. But it's hard to imagine it going worse.
We should have rehired Wayne Morgan in stead of Prohm.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Prohm needed to go but not going to dance on the grave of the coach that brought us Tyrese Haliburton. Also, I think it’s funny that people use the underachievement of the 2018-2019 against Prohm. The guy recruited great enough talent that a big 12 tourney title and 5 seed in the ncaa was a big disappointment.

There were some real fun wins in 2018-2019, including that big 12 tourney, which was an awesome 3 days of b ball. Kind of like 2021 football. Some really fun games but some people just can’t get past the disappointment to admit that.