Caleb Grill has been dismissed from team

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Wouldn't have minded the technical if he could score some points. But he was a liability today on both sides of the ball. Pretty bad way to go out on your senior day.
I don’t think he was bad on D. Just wish he’d keep his composure. Have to wonder if he doesn’t do that things might play out differently.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
One extreme to another bob. We had other players knocked to the floor and no one lost their head and shoved a player right in front of a ref. While we not have been in this exact situation, the team has been many times and this is the second time that a player went off, both times we’re

I don’t have a brother but if you mean teammate, yes I have in high school, seen punches thrown and we always did what I said he should. You chest to chest and push to get them away and see if they are going to throw hands. Refs will break it up but not T it up.
God bless. You guys had a very thoughtful team. Caleb could stand to learn some good manners from your group.

• Haha
Reactions: McKinney

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Just got back home and watched the replay. Grill did not deserve a T. Neither did Jaz. That was just a complete and utter **** show of officiating. At the game it was not announced correctly. It was announced as 2 Ts on WV. That’s why people were confused. Officiating again totally impacted the outcome of the game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just got back home and watched the replay. Grill did not deserve a T. Neither did Jaz. That was just a complete and utter **** show of officiating. At the game it was not announced correctly. It was announced as 2 Ts on WV. That’s why people were confused. Officiating again totally impacted the outcome of the game.

Caleb did. I didn’t see Jaz.

But honestly, I don’t care. This is what you get when players feel they have to fight their own battles.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This isn’t going to be popular, but maybe if TJ gets a technical one time per year, the players don’t feel they have to fight their own battles.

I don't need TJ to earn Ts, but its obvious in the big 12 that the types of refs we see are extremely susceptible to coaches who know how to work the refs. Huggins probably being the worst example. Like it or not, its become almost required to succeed and therefore Its an area of improvement for TJ IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: casey1973

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Caleb did. I didn’t see Jaz.

But honestly, I don’t care. This is what you get when players feel they have to fight their own battles.
Because guys with a coach like Huggins don't throw elbows to the faces of opponents since the coach has their back and all.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't need TJ to earn Ts, but its obvious in the big 12 that the types of refs we see are extremely susceptible to coaches who know how to work the refs. Huggins probably being the worst example. Like it or not, its become almost required to succeed and therefore Its an area of improvement for TJ IMO.

I just don’t think it’s working for his team. He blamed the players on the radio. The stated reason for him not getting technicals is that he wants his team to be calm. But his team isn’t calm. And the refs aren’t exactly showering us with favorable calls.

This is a stupid hill for me to die on but it’s also a stupid hill for TJ to die on too.

Like maybe get a T on the god damned Lipsy 3. And maybe, just maybe, Caleb keeps his head. Or maybe not. But it’s worth a try.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just don’t think it’s working for his team. He blamed the players on the radio. The stated reason for him not getting technicals is that he wants his team to be calm. But his team isn’t calm. And the refs aren’t exactly showering us with favorable calls.

This is a stupid hill for me to die on but it’s also a stupid hill for TJ to die on too.

Like maybe get a T on the god damned Lipsy 3. And maybe, just maybe, Caleb keeps his head. Or maybe not. But it’s worth a try.

I just think there's a huge middle ground between where TJ is (pretty passive towards the refs) and getting technical fouls. And before anyone mentions it, obviously an even larger gap from there to being a madman like fran, which no one wants. Finding a balance in that middle ground would be an improvement for him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Because guys with a coach like Huggins don't throw elbows to the faces of opponents since the coach has their back and all.

I just think
I just think there's a huge middle ground between where TJ is (pretty passive towards the refs) and getting technical fouls. And before anyone mentions it, obviously an even larger gap from there to being a madman like fran, which no one wants. Finding a balance in that middle ground would be an improvement for him.

He worked them pretty hard in the OSU game in Hilton. And the officiating was not ideal. And the players were pretty worked up and Caleb got a technical.

Tonight he didn’t engage them at all.

I honestly do see his point. And, in theory, I can agree with it. But it’s not working. We aren’t getting favorable calls (and the correct calls aren’t favorable, they are only correct). And the players aren’t remaining calm.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
And sure you wish the Grill tech didn't happen, but man we're at 64 pts. at the 3:50 mark of the game, and we still had 64 under 50 sec. left til Gabe hit the clutch 3. Three minutes in a tight game without scoring down the stretch prob seals most teams fate. Still is our offense.
That stretch of offense was horrific. Terrible shots, or no shots, only one post touch i can think of where Osun missed a bunny.