***2022-23 MBB General Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Carr really wanted a 30 point game he was trying to score meaning less points with a couple seconds left.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
KSU kind of caught teams by surprise early on. They and us both got Baylor when they were not at full strength, which they are now.

I don’t think it’s close because I don’t think Texas has very many losses left on their schedule compared to every other contender. It’s that simple.
Just admit your statement was dumb and false. You just keep beating around the bush. It doesn’t matter if Texas wins the league by a couple of games. You said they are the best team and it’s not really close. That. Is. False. It is close, hence why so many teams are in a log jam and a possession here or there changes everything.

Being the best team and it’s not really close is Houston in the American or Purdue in the Big Ten. That’s not even close those two teams are head and shoulders above the rest in their respective leagues. Texas has three losses only but all three to the other top contenders sooooo yeah.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That win in Manhattan was the game changer. They were the first contender to go onto another contenders court and win. Look at their schedule…they could very easily have just one more loss, at Baylor. That would win them the conference by 2 games minimum. Believe me, I’m not rooting for it.
Iowa State at TCU says hi

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just admit your statement was dumb and false. You just keep beating around the bush. It doesn’t matter if Texas wins the league by a couple of games. You said they are the best team and it’s not really close. That. Is. False. It is close, hence why so many teams are in a log jam and a possession here or there changes everything.

Being the best team and it’s not really close is Houston in the American or Purdue in the Big Ten. That’s not even close those two teams are head and shoulders above the rest in their respective leagues. Texas has three losses only but all three to the other top contenders sooooo yeah.
Semantics. I think if you win the conference by 2 games, then it’s not close. Sure there are close games in there that would have changed things, but if you win by multiple games no one pushed you that hard. I agree it’s not a Purdue or Houston situation.

Bottom line I think Texas wins the conference by 2 games. However you want to qualify that as being close or not close doesn’t matter. Obviously I’ll be rooting against them as they’d be the last team I’d want to win. ISU has its chance to be in the race starting tomorrow. If they can surprise everyone and win in Morgantown they have a shot.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Iowa State at TCU says hi
Nice win for sure. I feel like they’ll pick up some Ls that they wouldn’t have if miles stayed healthy. That’s probably going to keep them out of contention but he was there when we played them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Semantics. I think if you win the conference by 2 games, then it’s not close. Sure there are close games in there that would have changed things, but if you win by multiple games no one pushed you that hard. I agree it’s not a Purdue or Houston situation.

Bottom line I think Texas wins the conference by 2 games. However you want to qualify that as being close or not close doesn’t matter. Obviously I’ll be rooting against them as they’d be the last team I’d want to win. ISU has its chance to be in the race starting tomorrow. If they can surprise everyone and win in Morgantown they have a shot.
Dying on the hill of your false statement. You keep backtracking and the fact you can’t admit it was a dumb/untrue statement is sad. Moving on now to someone who wants to have an intelligent conversation.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Dying on the hill of your false statement. You keep backtracking and the fact you can’t admit it was a dumb/untrue statement is sad. Moving on now to someone who wants to have an intelligent conversation.
Good. See ya.

Reactions: NoCreativity

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
It’s finally happening! 2 ranked teams are playing each other in conference play in the big 10! Elite!

This is only the 3rd time this has happened this conference season. The big 12 has had 4 of these type games since Saturday.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY