Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I just received this phone call at work:

Caller: This is Kevin from the processing group. Can you give me remittance information for a payment?

Me: Who do you work for?

Caller: The processing group.

Me: Please, don't call me again.
I mean...

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Last night the skies were clear so I tried to photograph Comet ZTF. It was supposed to be just a few degrees east of the North Star at 9pm. I couldn't see anything on the camera screen last night and when I check on my laptop today I still see nothing.
It's supposed to be visible for another week or so it seems so I can try again. The problem is each night we are getting closer to the full moon which makes it harder.

Pro-tip: take the lens cap off.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
My wife's cousin is getting married in Florida next December. My wife and mother-in-law are adamant that we go, but with an extremely tight budget coming up with baby # 3 due in May, I am resisting due to cost.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife's cousin is getting married in Florida next December. My wife and mother-in-law are adamant that we go, but with an extremely tight budget coming up with baby # 3 due in May, I am resisting due to cost.
Tell her she can go with her mom. Her mom can pick up the tab, you are too busy, find anything that can make you busy at the time.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Pro-tip: take the lens cap off.
epic-facepalm.gif

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Tell her she can go with her mom. Her mom can pick up the tab, you are too busy, find anything that can make you busy at the time.
That is what I was thinking. She can take our newborn with because it won't need a plane ticket.

Besides, the wedding is in early December, which is probably my busiest time for work.

Reactions: BCClone

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Spikeball might be the dumbest “sport” of all time. It’s one thing putting it on something like ESPN ocho once a year, but the amount of air time espn gives it is astounding. They have a coed thing on right now which looks like father/daughter or something. It was like watching the people play it for the first time. It was laughable
Late one night I came across a channel that was airing beach volleyball but they were using their feet instead of their hands. While this was somewhat impressive I was wondering why this is a thing let alone on tv.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Late one night I came across a channel that was airing beach volleyball but they were using their feet instead of their hands. While this was somewhat impressive I was wondering why this is a thing let alone on tv.
Well, When there are a couple hundred cable channels you have to air something.
Anyone remember watching Australian rules football on ESPN back before they took over all the American college and professional sports?
Look at the Destination channel showing the same reruns of BBQ Pitmasters every single weekend.

Reactions: do4CY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron