Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Why would I ever change from my given name of Hercules Adonis Rapier?

Two of my closest friends from college have the same first name that I do. We all went by shortened versions of our last name. I can remember meeting a girl one time. The second time I saw her somebody called me by my actual name and she responded, "That's not your name. Your name is (shortened version of last name)."
What are the odds of three people named Hercules attending ISU at the same time?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Spikeball might be the dumbest “sport” of all time. It’s one thing putting it on something like ESPN ocho once a year, but the amount of air time espn gives it is astounding. They have a coed thing on right now which looks like father/daughter or something. It was like watching the people play it for the first time. It was laughable

That way you'll pony up your subscription to + to watch the real sports.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
That way you'll pony up your subscription to + to watch the real sports.
And then the feed won’t work and ESPN will say “sorry, don’t blame us, we just carry the game, we don’t produce it”

Also, the alternative is sportscenter or one of the panel shows, so spike ball may actually be an improvement

Edit: added the part about espn+

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Two of my closest friends from college have the same first name that I do. We all went by shortened versions of our last name. I can remember meeting a girl one time. The second time I saw her somebody called me by my actual name and she responded, "That's not your name. Your name is (shortened version of last name)."

What are the odds of three people named Hercules attending ISU at the same time?
Cool-story-bro-1.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Knew a girl in college who, when hearing my full name, told me she had no idea that everyone called me by my last name and thought it was a nickname. Knew her for 3 years up to that point.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Some good news. The check engine light on my car went off. Maybe I just didn't have the gas cap on tight at some point.

Daughter had it come on and had it scheduled to get it looked at. She said that it went off and she had to drive to Iowa City a couple days later. It came back on, then the low oil pressure light came and then it died. Long story short, thank god she had the extended warranty as she had it towed to IC and they found metal in the oil pan, thus she needed a new engine.

• Wow
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Spikeball might be the dumbest “sport” of all time. It’s one thing putting it on something like ESPN ocho once a year, but the amount of air time espn gives it is astounding. They have a coed thing on right now which looks like father/daughter or something. It was like watching the people play it for the first time. It was laughable
This is the first I have ever heard of it so I looked it up. I guess it might have been kind of fun if you were young and really stoned.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just had my whole day messed up. Got a call last night that there was a serious repair that needed to be done. I was at a game and about 90 minutes away. Dude didn't know if the morning would work for this. Told him to do this and that (which he didn't I noticed when I showed up) and I felt confident that it would be okay until the morning. When I showed up this morning the repair consisted of loosening nuts on four bolts, two good hard kicks to a gate post, and re-tighten the bolts. I wasn't surprised as I believe this guy has no clue on how to repair anything, just tell myself that it saved me $135 from him not calling maintenance to do it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I just received this phone call at work:

Caller: This is Kevin from the processing group. Can you give me remittance information for a payment?

Me: Who do you work for?

Caller: The processing group.

Me: Please, don't call me again.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just received this phone call at work:

Caller: This is Kevin from the processing group. Can you give me remittance information for a payment?

Me: Who do you work for?

Caller: The processing group.

Me: Please, don't call me again.
Years ag we had a woman call in and say there was a problem with her credit card bill. They guy that got the call told her we didn't do credit card processing and that she must have the wrong number. She insisted she had the right number and demanded to get this straightened out. After a while he convinced her.
I told him he should have gotten her name, credit card number and SS number then told her she just gave her personal info to someone that told her she had the wrong number in the first place.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Last night the skies were clear so I tried to photograph Comet ZTF. It was supposed to be just a few degrees east of the North Star at 9pm. I couldn't see anything on the camera screen last night and when I check on my laptop today I still see nothing.
It's supposed to be visible for another week or so it seems so I can try again. The problem is each night we are getting closer to the full moon which makes it harder.

• Sad
Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.