Site Conduct and Discourse

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
what-shocked.gif

I am going to go out on a limb and say booze was involved.

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm and JP4CY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
To be fair, some things that are perfectly fine for a healthy person are things that someone with health conditions may want to avoid. Hell, with the way the clones are sometimes, stepping away from cyclone sports entirely might be advisable for those with heart concerns.
This sounds really stupid, but I can't watch their weeknight games live. I haven't for years, I get too worked up then it affects my sleep thatn night.

I always watch it the next morning. The Saturday games at least give me plenty of time to cool off and do other stuff before I go to bed. I guess I have anxiety problems.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
People take this ****, and most ****, way too seriously. Mods and non-mods alike.

People send you nasty **** in a DM? They get banned. EZ PZ.

Do mods have demands placed on their time? They don't have hours or quotas or whatever do they? Presumably all the mods would be on CF even if they weren't mods, it's not like they'd like to not have to visit CF but their mod duties force them to.

Pretty sure I could browse and ban no problem.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
If someone is an eagles fan, why would you expect them to not be happy their team won? Seems dumb. Purdy getting hurt sucked the life out of the game for me, but he's the only one I would care about as a neutral. Good part of sports is that usually at least one team gets to enjoy a win.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This sounds really stupid, but I can't watch their weeknight games live. I haven't for years, I get too worked up then it affects my sleep thatn night.

I always watch it the next morning. The Saturday games at least give me plenty of time to cool off and do other stuff before I go to bed. I guess I have anxiety problems.

Then its probably time to step back a little, thats crazy.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Then its probably time to step back a little, thats crazy.
That's not normal?

College basketball is the only sport I have an issue with.

I think it's a combination of the pace, officiating, and that every Big 12 game seems like it has to come down to the last couple possessions that gets me too nervous.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That's not normal?

College basketball is the only sport I have an issue with.

I think it's a combination of the pace, officiating, and that every Big 12 game seems like it has to come down to the last couple possessions that gets me too nervous.

I used to be that way, but at the end of the day I can't control what happens. So I will be pissed for a little bit and move on.