NFC Championship: 49ers @ Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
They definitely have to let you know they're an Eagles fan for sure.
I have yet to see an NFL fanbase that was much different from any other. Philly fans certainly have a reputation but some of that comes from the huge lack of historical success, blue collar nature of their city, and the somewhat inferiority complex compared to the Steelers for so long.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I had an injury to the nerve in my elbow after falling on the ice once. I had pins and needles in my pinky and fourth finger for a couple weeks. Not surprising that could be a big problem with your throwing hand.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Cowherd and Carson Palmer were both predicting Purdy was going to get exposed this game. He’s going to be gloating about this for sure tomorrow.
I don't think you can prove this after 1 series when a missed block caused a fumble but sure gloat all they want. Most media will weigh the 8 previous games (8-0 record) more than 1 series.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Crucial turnover and couldn’t come back in the game. I can’t think of any other big time QBs getting knocked out in games this big. The closest comp is Cutler in 2011, just not a good look.

Didn't Brady get knocked out of a playoff game early in his career?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I have yet to see an NFL fanbase that was much different from any other. Philly fans certainly have a reputation but some of that comes from the huge lack of historical success, blue collar nature of their city, and the somewhat inferiority complex compared to the Steelers for so long.

Probably less Steelers and more Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys - although that is a factor as well.

Reactions: Jer

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Crucial turnover and couldn’t come back in the game. I can’t think of any other big time QBs getting knocked out in games this big. The closest comp is Cutler in 2011, just not a good look.

Sorry man, but this is a pretty bad take. Injuries happen. You’re gonna blame him for getting hit when the line failed to block?

And if I recall, that Cutler injury required surgery. He literally couldn’t run.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I don't think you can prove this after 1 series when a missed block caused a fumble but sure gloat all they want. Most media will weigh the 8 previous games (8-0 record) more than 1 series.

I’m not gloating. I’m saying Cowherd will be.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So...they're really like Hok fans. :D

Giving you a hard time. I'm a Bears fan and holy **** does the fanbase struggle with reality. One of my buddies who's also a CHI fan predicted a few weeks ago that next year is Chicago's.

Reactions: Jer

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I'm not sure how he gets a grade other than "incomplete"

He didn't look overmatched and completed a couple before he went down.

Bad luck, but it's football. I haven't seen a team have QB issues like this since the mid 80s Bears team had to roll out Doug ******* Flutie in the playoffs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.