***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Less than 1" west side of CR right now. Seems to be letting up.

However, it is as wet and heavy as that nsfw milf video you saw last week.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
No need to take it in. Just find a couple youtube videos and do it yourself. Buy some carb cleaner and have metal paperclips to clean some parts. Super easy. I do it right before winter and runs great. Starts right off after cleaning it. Just make sure gas tank is empty after last use so don't need to drain that.
I was always terrible at small motor carbs until I saw the tip to just clean them in your utility sink in hot soapy water. Just need to blow everything out including the jets and let it dry before reinstalling. Works way better than carb cleaner and usually don't have to disassemble much usually just the bowl. . Never failed to clear the blockages since I've used that technique.

Reactions: 06_CY

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Tried to shovel this morning because it was 5:45 in the morning and didn't want to annoy the neighborhood. Gave up after a few minutes and got the snowblower out. I wouldn't have been able to shovel the end of my driveway without having a sore back afterward.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Only had an inch in Marion. Still got the snowblower out to power though it in no time. My nearly 8 year old did request to shovel the sidewalk so he is doing that now.

Reactions: NWICY and Angie

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Perfect execution of snow removal at my house. When I heard the first snowblower in my neighborhood, I threw my clothes on and went outside to start shoveling. I shovel as quick as I can for 10 mins until three or four more neighbors come out with their snowblowers. Then I slow to damn near a stop with the shoveling and grab at my back a few times and before long, two of my neighbors stop over and clean up the rest of the driveway.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Perfect execution of snow removal at my house. When I heard the first snowblower in my neighborhood, I threw my clothes on and went outside to start shoveling. I shovel as quick as I can for 10 mins until three or four more neighbors come out with their snowblowers. Then I slow to damn near a stop with the shoveling and grab at my back a few times and before long, two of my neighbors stop over and clean up the rest of the driveway.

Del Griffith!...how the hell are you?!

Hoggins

Sep 2, 2019
You all are overachievers. I'm not cleaning my driveway/sidewalks until after work.