Outgoing transfer tracker

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Nearly double digit sources.
Back to the premium board, forgot the trolls were rampant out here.
Just a reminder, these are young men/kids. They have friends in college that aren't inside the football program. Things aren't exactly as air tight with the players talking compared to coaches, especially if they're frustrated.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Back to the premium board, forgot the trolls were rampant out here.
Just a reminder, these are young men/kids. They have friends in college that aren't inside the football program. Things aren't exactly as air tight with the players talking compared to coaches, especially if they're frustrated.
Oh snap, do these friends only talk to people that are on the premium board? How do you identify yourself when you meet them so they spill the tea?

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
Honestly, it seems like a lot of the problems in the locker room have been stemming from Dekkers.
Just my take, but his negativity probably hasn't helped things.

Maybe he should transfer out.
Terrible take. Just because he plays with a little fire doesn’t mean he has a negative attitude. Don’t talk on things like this if you have no idea what the locker room is like. If you were playing QB and manning was calling the plays he did all year wouldn’t you get a little pissed off? Xavier came back to get to play with Hunter. The guys like him and once Hunter starts winning games the fire will make sense and everyone will love it. Hunter has all of the talent in the world just needs a pocket and a half decent running game to open up the passing game a little bit.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I'm sure you are right with this but every week you watch those guys drill 50 yarders to win games sometimes multiple 50 yarders within a game. It just bugs me we can't find a decent punter and kicker.
I don't think people realize how many games ISU has lost just in the last 3 years due to missed FG's (short ones at that). Throw in a few short kick offs and bad punts and it's pushing 5-7 games.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Where does everyone find their kickers? There are 30+ guys in the pros who all kick over 50 yards reliably and we can't even have one that can hit 35 consistently, same with punting.

Pro's? go look at how Kirk has don't it at Iowa. They consistently find former soccer players who walk on at Iowa and the success has been insane.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Loved Silas but he probably will be a better fit elsewhere. Hopeful that he goes somewhere that can showcase his skills.
Maybe go to K-State, they seem to have pretty good luck with RB's 5'6" and shorter.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
The OL was bad this year, and they have not been good in a while. Dekkers play dropped as the season when on, but when he has to wonder every pass how many defenders will be on him, it would be easy to be watching receivers, rushers, and miss a cover defender in the zone, so increase in INT. Pass game can open the run game just like the run game can open the pass game.

As a casual fan, I wonder how many times the play called is a RPO verses just a straight run or a straight up pass play. On a straight up run play, the OL can fire off and push and, hopefully move guys down field, and in a straight pass, they know they are pass blocking and can do that. In an RPO, I imagine they are essentially trying to pass block and if the QB decides to hand off the ball, the run lanes are not developed more than a yard or two downfield, if that. If RPO's are going to be a big part of the offense, the line play must be much improved.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth