Outgoing transfer tracker

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Hopefully people see what happened to McDonald and think twice
The grass definitely isn't always greener. However, for some guys going down a level if theyre not playing much here is a good move. Johnnie Lang for example.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Wasting a position on the field? A lead blocker is a wasted position on the field? lol I can tell you didn’t actually play in college
Rus had absolutely horrific PFF grades. I'm not saying they're gospel, but it lined up with what I saw him actually do. I would rather have gone 3 or 4 wide far more often (just an offensive philosophy thing for me) than have Rus in, but if we're insisting on playing a full back all the time (very few teams actually do this from what I can tell) then at least get one that does it well.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Good luck to Silas. He’s a backup at the Big 12 level though. We need to find our next Montgomery or Hall. Worry about the difference makers while the backups move on.
Agree with this. I really think Silas will do well somewhere and believe depth is important, but backups are gonna churn in college football fairly often now.

Getting a Hall or Montgomery is a tough ask though. Both guys have been starting running backs in the NFL already, one of which was most comparable as a prospect to Saquon Barkley or Jonathan Taylor.

Need to find a way to be competent on offense without a future NFL stud.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
Off topic a bit but Silas departure has me thinking of another RB I remember being told had a similar style as Silas - Leonard Glass. Whatever happened to him?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I love the burst we saw on Saturday. Hoping we see more of that next season. Honestly, the RB room can't afford another hit with Silas leaving, and have no RB in the incoming class unless I'm mistaken. Going to have to hit the portal for one if not two.
Based on his senior year production, would think they give Abu Sama a chance to compete at RB.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The problem is we didn't just use him as a lead blocker. We tried to use him in the passing game with No success. And his lead blocking didn't really help much on all those short yardage situations we failed in.

Imo it would have been better to spread the field with another more athletic receiver rather than clogging the box.

You seem knowledgeable enough to have in fact played college ball.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I'm hoping Eli stays, I have high hopes for him if we would use him correctly.
In the last 3 games of the year Eli Sanders had the majority of our runs over 10 yards. I see he had 197 yards at 4.2 ypc this year (some of that in garbage time).

I can see where our RB's are 1) Jihrehl Brock and 2) Eli Sanders for the spring.

But do we get aggressive and upgrade in the portal?

Frankly I wouldn't mind that b/c Brock can get hurt, and I don't think either of our remaining guys have an awesome ability to make guys miss. Who knows maybe both can make a big leap

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
In the last 3 games of the year Eli Sanders had the majority of our runs over 10 yards. I see he had 197 yards at 4.2 ypc this year (some of that in garbage time).

I can see where our RB's are 1) Jihrehl Brock and 2) Eli Sanders for the spring.

But do we get aggressive and upgrade in the portal?

Frankly I wouldn't mind that b/c Brock can get hurt, and I don't think either of our remaining guys have an awesome ability to make guys miss. Who knows maybe both can make a big leap

If Eli had a competent Oline to where he could get to the next level without someone always hanging on him he would be more successful. Not a genius take but his talent is speed