Bruns - Iowa Everywhere

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
They did. But it's not impossible, that's all in saying.

CMC has made enormous changes in how they do things, there's no reason to think they can't figure this out.

You are correct. But he is going to have to be the CMC of 17 and 18. One who had no problem benching Park for Kempt..........or Nolan for Purdy.

Who had zero problem throwing deep.....................every possession.

One who looked like he was trying everything to win.........not just trying to beat his head against the wall perfecting how plays are executed.

He gets back to that.......win or lose he will be fine.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
You are correct. But he is going to have to be the CMC of 17 and 18. One who had no problem benching Park for Kempt..........or Nolan for Purdy.

One who looked like he was trying everything to win.........not just trying to beat his head against the wall perfecting how plays are executed.

Those games from 17 and 18 were so fun to watch too.

• Agree
Reactions: davegilbertson

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Yeah. I'm not sure sure why he has gotten so wildly conservative.

The self scout issue, or lack of is bothersome, everyone does that and we aren't picking anything up from that? Seems odd.

• Agree
Reactions: davegilbertson

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It would help if you were more specific to what the answers are once you send CMC packing.

Who is going to replace him and what specifically are they going to do to get ISU to whatever standard you think they should be at?
Garrett Riley OC at TCU. Scott Isphording OC at Ohio. Jim Svoboda OC at Tulane. Gino Guidugli OC at Cinci.

All are going to probably make fine head coaches someday.

My standard is pretty simple: don't waste timeouts, have a hurry-up offense when needed, look organized and disciplined, put pressure on defenses, trust your QB to audible, score points.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
They did. But it's not impossible, that's all in saying.

CMC has made enormous changes in how they do things, there's no reason to think they can't figure this out.
People keep saying this as if these problems weren't here last year, and we haven't had 11 games to try different things this year.

They didn't even make use of a bye week to develop anything new, and got embarrassed by one of the worst OU teams ever.

I mean, they aren't doing it now, when they have the attention of the players, but this staff, if it remains intact, is gonna suddenly come up with a plan now that conference defenses clearly have figured us out.

Our PPG is an embarrassment compared to our conference foes. And WE don't even have to face OUR defense like they do.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Yeah. I'm not sure sure why he has gotten so wildly conservative.

The self scout issue, or lack of is bothersome, everyone does that and we aren't picking anything up from that? Seems odd.
Strictly viewing it from a game theory perspective, the offense appears to just be mailing it in every week.

No fire. No emotion. No changes. No hurry. No coordination. No execution. No readiness.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Garrett Riley OC at TCU. Scott Isphording OC at Ohio. Jim Svoboda OC at Tulane. Gino Guidugli OC at Cinci.

All are going to probably make fine head coaches someday.

My standard is pretty simple: don't waste timeouts, have a hurry-up offense when needed, look organized and disciplined, put pressure on defenses, trust your QB to audible, score points.

And you have proof that as head coaches these would all do that?

And they want to coach at ISU?

They gonna retain Heacock too?

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Strictly viewing it from a game theory perspective, the offense appears to just be mailing it in every week.

No fire. No emotion. No changes. No hurry. No coordination. No execution. No readiness.
Game theory tells you about emotion? lol
You use the term game theory quite a bit, care to show me your form for coming to this conclusion using game theory?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Matt has proven himself fully capable of building a winning football team. This same staff cobbled together something resembling an offense in 2016 and navigated some pretty extensive challenges in 2017 (I personally believe this season is his best coaching on display) to produce a solid 8-5 bowl team which included many players that were around for the KSU debacle in 2015.

That’s why from my perspective this season is bizarre. These press conferences are bizarre even with coach speak.

I hope your right and this season is an anomaly. It’s just strange that this season seems to be an exercise in relentless, dogged persistence for a certain approach regardless of results.
It was indeed a great coaching job in 2017. One thing of note, we had great skill players in 2017. Montgomery at tailback and Butler, Lazard, Deshaunte Jones, Marchie Murdock, Trevor Ryan, and Mathew Eaton at WR. That might be the best WR group we have ever had. Even so, we still lost a lot of close games in 2017.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
People keep saying this as if these problems weren't here last year, and we haven't had 11 games to try different things this year.

They didn't even make use of a bye week to develop anything new, and got embarrassed by one of the worst OU teams ever.

I mean, they aren't doing it now, when they have the attention of the players, but this staff, if it remains intact, is gonna suddenly come up with a plan now that conference defenses clearly have figured us out.

Our PPG is an embarrassment compared to our conference foes. And WE don't even have to face OUR defense like they do.
How did our defense get good practicing against our offense?

How can the offense not be more creative when they know exactly how the best defensive coordinator in the league would try to stop them?

Don't know

Reactions: joefrog

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Jfc. Tech wasn't taking any chances because they didn't need to, our offense was freaking terrible. Giving up 14 points against a top 20 offense is excellent.

Heacock made the necessary changes and look at how much better our secondary is this year compared to last which you seem to want to continually harp on as apparently a good reason why we're losing; our #7 defense? The offense is consistently bad. Nevermind Campbell decided to not kick two 20 yard field goals which was the difference in the game despite all the issues. In game coaching strikes again.
You are actually incapable of reading comprehension. I mean you are truly stupid. But just to try it ONE more time for your simple brain.

Every season is different. Last year’s defense is NOT this year’s defense. This year’s defense is insanely good and the only reason we are in these games.

LAST YEAR (got it, last year?) the defense that is almost always rock solid blew two conference games in our season that was supposed to be the best we’ve ever had. Point blank they **** the bed and cost us against bad WVU and Tech teams. That’s a 9-win season and 7-2 Big 12 record if they just play average those two games.

This year the offense has blown everything for us. They are the biggest reason by far for the shortcomings. However, it’s an actual fact that in the last two games our defense owned the game. But in the biggest moment, when our ****** awful offense FINALLY scored a TD to take a lead in the second half, the defense looked like complete crap and gave up TDs the very next drive.

You even said it above that Tech didn’t have to do anything until they were forced to. So you yourself are even saying the offense is so bad maybe other teams don’t really have to try until they need to. And once they need to, they go right through our defense.

Here’s your first line, “Tech wasn't taking any chances because they didn't need to, our offense was freaking terrible.”

We all want change and this offense and special teams need serious work. Matt needs to do it, and let’s see if he does. If he doesn’t then he will eventually get himself fired. When? Not sure. But unless you, oh lord of all things, seer of all seers has a realistic option to go to head coach other than Campbell toss it out or shut your mouth.

Ok now I’m done because you have no rationality, no reading comprehension whatsoever and are incapable of understanding there isn’t a single person on here that is defending this offense. Smart people can dissect and realize extremes to anything are almost always 100% wrong.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You are actually incapable of reading comprehension. I mean you are truly stupid. But just to try it ONE more time for your simple brain.

Every season is different. Last year’s defense is NOT this year’s defense. This year’s defense is insanely good and the only reason we are in these games.

LAST YEAR (got it, last year?) the defense that is almost always rock solid blew two conference games in our season that was supposed to be the best we’ve ever had. Point blank they **** the bed and cost us against bad WVU and Tech teams. That’s a 9-win season and 7-2 Big 12 record if they just play average those two games.

This year the offense has blown everything for us. They are the biggest reason by far for the shortcomings. However, it’s an actual fact that in the last two games our defense owned the game. But in the biggest moment, when our ****** awful offense FINALLY scored a TD to take a lead in the second half, the defense looked like complete crap and gave up TDs the very next drive.

You even said it above that Tech didn’t have to do anything until they were forced to. So you yourself are even saying the offense is so bad maybe other teams don’t really have to try until they need to. And once they need to, they go right through our defense.

Here’s your first line, “Tech wasn't taking any chances because they didn't need to, our offense was freaking terrible.”

We all want change and this offense and special teams need serious work. Matt needs to do it, and let’s see if he does. If he doesn’t then he will eventually get himself fired. When? Not sure. But unless you, oh lord of all things, seer of all seers has a realistic option to go to head coach other than Campbell toss it out or shut your mouth.

Ok now I’m done because you have no rationality, no reading comprehension whatsoever and are incapable of understanding there isn’t a single person on here that is defending this offense. Smart people can dissect and realize extremes to anything are almost always 100% wrong.
I have no idea what you think I think but its clearly wrong. Try to refrain from name calling there champ. Makes you sound dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtyninety

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
How did our defense get good practicing against our offense?

How can the offense not be more creative when they know exactly how the best defensive coordinator in the league would try to stop them?

Don't know
That's what I was thinking as prepping the turkey for smoking last night.

Why not just turn the offense over to Heacock as well?

• Haha
Reactions: 3TrueFans

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I have no idea what you think I think but its clearly wrong. Try to refrain from name calling there champ. Makes you sound dumb.
The disciples of St. Matthew are more fervent in their belief in him and more rigorous in his defense than many religious zealots.

They are completely incapable of the rational thought that if CMC isn't willing to make adjustments in offensive strategy to win games during a season, why should he be trusted to do so in an offseason? Especially if he doesn't change staff?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The disciples of St. Matthew are more fervent in their belief in him and more rigorous in his defense than many religious zealots.

They are completely incapable of the rational thought that if CMC isn't willing to make adjustments in offensive strategy to win games during a season, why should he be trusted to do so in an offseason? Especially if he doesn't change staff?

1669309880167.gif