Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Yeah, its shocking how good this series is with so little action, but I'm cool with that. I'm ready for something different, and that is what they are giving me. FYI.... that young skinny dude on the team with the old school gadgets is totally going to die.
I'm going into this the same way I went into Rogue One. Basically anyone that isn't a character that we know lives to ANH, I fully expect to die. But yeah, that kid probably is the first to bite the dust.

Some people are starting to grumble about the lack of pew-pew, but I think this show has been better without it.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I love Star Wars but there is definitely an element of being appealing to young people/children in almost every Star Wars entity (which is awesome that's how I got into it). As an adult I think Rogue one and Andor are some of the best Star Wars content as they feel aimed at an older audience.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Why is there a lack of stormtroopers? I get they might not be on the planet as it's stated in the dialogue, it's a remote place. But where they had the Security Bureau Meeting, wouldn't there be stormtroopers there? According to the timeline I've seen, they should exist.

It's really the only thing that's been sticking out to me as I can't find an answer as to why we don't see any. Even in Rogue One, where the empire is, so are stormtroopers.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why is there a lack of stormtroopers? I get they might not be on the planet as it's stated in the dialogue, it's a remote place. But where they had the Security Bureau Meeting, wouldn't there be stormtroopers there? According to the timeline I've seen, they should exist.

It's really the only thing that's been sticking out to me as I can't find an answer as to why we don't see any. Even in Rogue One, where the empire is, so are stormtroopers.

Basically it sounds like Ferrix is such a distant locale they don't even send proper Empire soldiers there. That was like a private security group meant to just kind of hold the peace while they exploit the system. Basically those guys from the first 3 episodes were the mall cops of the Empire.

Reactions: Clonefan94

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Basically it sounds like Ferrix is such a distant locale they don't even send proper Empire soldiers there. That was like a private security group meant to just kind of hold the peace while they exploit the system. Basically those guys from the first 3 episodes were the mall cops of the Empire.
Yeah, I get that, but wasn’t the Security Bureau not on that planet? Seems the Bureau would have some troopers around them at the main office?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Yeah, I get that, but wasn’t the Security Bureau not on that planet? Seems the Bureau would have some troopers around them at the main office?
The ISB probably doesn't want grunts roaming the halls. I'm sure there are some at the front door though.

The lack of stormtroopers was a thing one reviewer brought up. You'd think that base they are about to rob would have some. I'm wondering if this mysterious engineer won't have some in tow which throws a wrench into their plans. Watch it be Krennic for some reason and he has death troopers with him.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Finished Ep. 5 of Andor -- The Axe Forgets (a cool title, based on the line "The axe forgets -- the tree doesn't" )

Excited to see the heist in the next episode, though I'm guessing it will be pretty predictable. (1-2 minor characters will surely die)

What ISN'T predictable, at least yet, is what the story-arc will be for the disgraced mall cop who is now living with his mom?!? That's the part I'm most interested. I'm guessing he somehow teams up with the ambitious female Imperial security officer. OR Maybe he becomes something of a vigilante and personally tracks down Andor.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Other predictions: (I know it comes out Wednesdays but I've not watched it yet...)

- The heros will have some kind of moral dilemma to overcome. Like when they pull off their heist, there are natives on the launch track thing and they have to decide if they will run them over for the "greater good."
- One of the heros will get injured, but not killed, and Andor will have to kill him off so that he doesn't get captured and interrogated.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Great episode of Andor tonight. Really kept the tension high throughout. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Unbelievable this is only the half way point of the season. They've got something pretty special going with this series.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Great episode of Andor tonight. Really kept the tension high throughout. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Unbelievable this is only the half way point of the season. They've got something pretty special going with this series.

Gotta imagine they'll return to the storyline of finding his sister. Probably have a separate storyline of the money getting to the rebels and showing the start of the alliance. Then in the last episode or two they'll have them get back together. Or...perhaps his sister is already apart of the rebel group and that brings him back into the fold?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Fantastic episode!

Also, small but important reference in Mon Mothma's speech. She mentioned Ghorman. A massacre perpetrated by the Empire here during BBY2 is what leads to a formal declaration of rebellion. This will happen sometime during season 2.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That mission went worse than I expected. Surprised it was actually a bank heist, figured that was just a cover for something else. I think that kind of left me at a loss for where they're taking it now.

Reactions: Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That mission went worse than I expected. Surprised it was actually a bank heist, figured that was just a cover for something else. I think that kind of left me at a loss for where they're taking it now.
I think it goes back to that conversation between Mon and Luthen where he is asking about money. They obviously need it badly but Mon is having trouble delivering since she is being watched

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I figured Andor demand would be somewhat lower due to the current high competition and the nature of the series. However, I'm shocked how truly low interest is coming in. Super sad to see with how good the series is so far too.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

I figured Andor demand would be somewhat lower due to the current high competition and the nature of the series. However, I'm shocked how truly low interest is coming in. Super sad to see with how good the series is so far too.
Wow that's a bummer. It's so good

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think it will pick up with word of mouth. I've heard nothing but praise from most people I've talked to about it and have told anyone I know with a passing interest in Star Wars they have to watch it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron