On to the Purple Kittens Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I feel like 6-6 is the floor still. It would feel like there was major missed opportunities but I expect 3 wins somewhere in there.

7-5 and another memphis trip would be ok but certainly not great. So many things are left to shake out.

Anything above 7 that is complete and unexpected gravy and the hype train for next year will spin out of control.
I'll have what you are having. 6-6 feels more like the ceiling to me than the floor.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I feel good about ISU at home under the lights. I do not believe there is more talent on the KSU roster than there is on ISU's. Campbell will have this team disciplined and focused, which hopefully means lots of the mistakes are cleaned up. But terrified to kick field goals
just from watching games of both teams, I would say KState's offensive line with a speedier running quarterback is slightly more talent so-to-speak. (Don't have a clue what happened to them vs. Tulane)
Vaughn > Brock's replacement.....or is Brock going to be back??
We need to 'rock' the Jack for these guys!!!!!!

Reactions: agentbear

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'll have what you are having. 6-6 feels more like the ceiling to me than the floor.
Cool with me.

source.gif

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Klieman talks about ISU game. A lot of what we've written here, he confirms. For those who find the other coach's view interesting, here you go ...

Reactions: shadow

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
This year when playing P5 competition, the outcome has been the opposite of what statsowar has had pre-game so that bodes well vs K-State this week.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This year when playing P5 competition, the outcome has been the opposite of what statsowar has had pre-game so that bodes well vs K-State this week.

How the hell does it have the game this weekend with more probably points than last weekend?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Has engagement on this site dropped off like a rock following the last two losses?
Traffic has definitely taken a hit. I think people are a bit burnt out by the toxicity of the past week, and naturally dejected by the last few games in general. It’ll come back – for better or worse – after the KSU game. It’ll either be an overreaction to a win or an overreaction to a loss – unfortunately there usually isn’t a rational in-between.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Traffic has definitely taken a hit. I think people are a bit burnt out by the toxicity of the past week, and naturally dejected by the last few games in general. It’ll come back – for better or worse – after the KSU game. It’ll either be an overreaction to a win or an overreaction to a loss – unfortunately there usually isn’t a rational in-between.
If we lose, we'll have a lot of, "on to basketball" posts.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If we lose, we'll have a lot of, "on to basketball" posts.
We were in the CCG just two years ago. How do you not build on that with recruiting? Especially with the transfer portal?

How do we not have TEs after showing how much and how well ISU could utilize and feature them?

As for WR, it could be that recruits aren't dumb. They see a team that schemes to limit possessions and features, almost exclusively, the RB. They know they won't put up numbers in an offense like that.

Ever notice how Iowa doesn't get talented WRs due to their playstyle? Welcome to the club folks.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
We were in the CCG just two years ago. How do you not build on that with recruiting? Especially with the transfer portal?

How do we not have TEs after showing how much and how well ISU could utilize and feature them?

As for WR, it could be that recruits aren't dumb. They see a team that schemes to limit possessions and features, almost exclusively, the RB. They know they won't put up numbers in an offense like that.

Ever notice how Iowa doesn't get talented WRs due to their playstyle? Welcome to the club folks.
we have been building recruiting. we have the best class ever coming in.

The WRs? X is on pace to have the most receptions of any ISU WR in a single season. What are you talking about?

Dekkers just threw the ball 48 times last Saturday.

Reactions: Cyclad