Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
10- Oregon
22 Oklahoma State
27 Iowa state
28 Cincinnati
30 Baylor
37 Utah
38 Washington
40 West Virginia
41 TCU
42 BYU
45 Tech
46 Stanford
47 Arizona state
50 KState
55 Kansas
59 Washington state
63 UCF
64 Colorado
67 Arizona
69 Oregon state
74 Houston
76 Cal

Average most watched teams in 2021

Honestly I’m surprised how high Kansas is, but I think that’s more due to the Big12 caring/watching more.
Do conference championship/bowl games count in these averages?

Oregon, OSU, Baylor, Cincinnati and Utah all played in conference championship games, and Cincinnati was in the playoff.

I’d assume those would massively boost the averages for those schools if included, and really highlight Iowa State.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Do conference championship/bowl games count in these averages?

Oregon, OSU, Baylor, Cincinnati and Utah all played in conference championship games, and Cincinnati was in the playoff.

I’d assume those would massively boost the averages for those schools if included, and really highlight Iowa State.
I didn’t look at the specifics, but I’d assume yes. As those were games they made it to and people watched. But that’s obviously apart of the equation, that’s why the SEC is so relevant. Sure they have a lot a bad teams, but they are also top heavy and win championships.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No Utes? Good, we got the real Mormon school already.
giphy.webp

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
No Utes? Good, we got the real Mormon school already.
If that tweet is true, which I doubt, those three make sense right now. Oregon wants the Big10 and I’d bet Utah doesn’t really want to be in the same conference as BYU (and vice versa).

Again…if true…Oregon, Utah and Washington will be next, because none of them will be able to afford to stay behind if 3 other PAC schools leave.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If that tweet is true, which I doubt, those three make sense right now. Oregon wants the Big10 and I’d bet Utah doesn’t really want to be in the same conference as BYU (and vice versa).

They spent most of their history playing together.

If the alternative is drowning in whatever remains in the PAC, they'll come east.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I can’t see ESPN reworking the ACC deal; it’s just too biased in their favor.

The PAC 12 Network couldn’t make it work with USC and UCLA; now they’re gone.

I just can’t understand how any PAC/ACC partnership deal can be profitable for both ESPN and the schools. It just seems unsustainable. Which is why I can’t understand why the Mountain 4 aren’t jumping at the chance of the Big 12 lifeboat. The PAC isn’t going to survive long-term … if Notre Dame finally agrees to go B1G, Oregon (and possibly Washington & Stanford, maybe) will join them, and the PAC is dead. If the B1G gets tired of waiting on ND, they get Oregon and Washington … and the PAC is still dead. If the SEC starts poaching the ACC, the B1G joins in and also reaches out to Oregon and Washington, and … PAC dead.
The wildcard here is that ESPN does have some idiots in their leadership

• Haha
Reactions: KidSilverhair

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don’t think the PAC and ACC merger will happen, but if it did, shouldn’t the Big 12 try to immediately go after Louisville and Memphis?

I just think the bigger footprint you can have, the more stable you are as a conference. Maybe that isn’t true, but it feels like it would be.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I'm sure I'm just repeating a bunch of other people here, but I'd really like to be able to expand with Washington and Oregon as part of the new Big XII. Clearly, getting the other 4 teams on board will expedite any decision coming from either of those two schools.

"But they are waiting for the B1G invite...." I'm sure they are. But I think they are the 2nd and 3rd choice for the B1G. I think Stanford is the next target. Why?

Helps entice ND even more. Bay Area has a decent amount of alumni from B1G schools. More than Portland or Seattle. Would be tops in the conference in Academic standings. Spends more on R&D than any other B1G than Michigan. Massive Endowment. Directors cup champs like 20 years in a row.

Washington would be next in line. Their non-athletic achievements dwarf Oregon. Seattle much larger and more important (+media market) to B1G alumni than Portland area. Oregon has a better brand and larger athletics revenues, but given B1G decided to take UCLA, I think they are looking at more than just success in football.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don’t think the PAC and ACC merger will happen, but if it did, shouldn’t the Big 12 try to immediately go after Louisville and Memphis?

I just think the bigger footprint you can have, the more stable you are as a conference. Maybe that isn’t true, but it feels like it would be.
The more that time goes on the more I realize how much I don't want Memphis in the B12.

I'll admit it, years ago, I was like 25% on that train. Today? Zero.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't get the fear of the PACC alliance. Every year, they will give the marquee matchups the same 2 or 3 teams in each conference, the same teams who will eventually get poached by the SEC/B1g. It will maintain and grow those brands but it will create a bigger gap between those schools and the middle teams and bottom feeders who get fed the crappy matchups every year because Oregon and Washington always get Clemson/Miami/FSU. It just makes no sense for anyone in the pac 12 other than Oregon and Washington.