Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Yes, but no. That's like saying, "Don't want to be insulted? Shut up."

Or, "Don't want to get shot? Don't go anywhere in public."

Izzat what you really want?
or, do what makes you happy. You can't control others responses via emoji (EMOJIs !!!!) will be ... if it causes enough distress to create a thread and blast CW and JS, maybe rethink if this is a good place for you. for the OP, enter the cave at your own risk... yet here we are outside of it.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
If someone one your ignore list dumbs you (so you don’t get the notification), do you really notice it?

Don't have anyone on "ignore". If you ignore someone, do their "dumbs" show up in the notifications at the top of your page?

Yes, WooBadger, you have dumbed me. But if it kept you from kicking a puppy, I'm good with it.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
or, do what makes you happy. You can't control others responses via emoji (EMOJIs !!!!) will be ... if it causes enough distress to create a thread and blast CW and JS, maybe rethink if this is a good place for you. for the OP, enter the cave at your own risk... yet here we are outside of it.

I could be wrong, but I think the use of emoji's can be controlled by not offering them, as pointed out by the OP.

In my opinion, asking for a higher level of civil discourse is never out of line anywhere.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Don't have anyone on "ignore". If you ignore someone, do their "dumbs" show up in the notifications at the top of your page?

Yes, WooBadger, you have dumbed me. But if it kept you from kicking a puppy, I'm good with it.
Notifications won't show up for your ignored poster's responses.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

As JP4CY said, you’ll see them if you look at the post, but you won’t get a notification.

And ok? Do you know what post it was? I went back through about a week of posts and didn’t see it. It’s possible it was a mistake (although unlikely). If it was a mistake, I apologize. If it wasn’t, I don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: pourcyne

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Per the XenForo support forums, this isn't currently possible:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
@ChrisMWilliams, @JStanz51 , @Conner_Ferguson,
I think that a good way to improve the site, would be to eliminate any record / or ability of an "ignored" person, to give an emoji comment (dumb, dislike, etc.) on a person's post who is "ignoring" them.
Perhaps, if you can't eliminate or change that, you could cap the number of 'dumbs' a person can do / make in a day or a weak. Or something similar. Maybe I am not the only person who feels this way.
I can't imagine caring how anyone rates any of my posts. To each his own, of course.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I don't post a great deal, but I do read a lot. There are others on here who I respect. There are some I don't. If I post and other users who I respect all disagree, or dumb, my post, I actually want to know and I want to try and understand if I am wrong. So please, rate my posts with emojis, and even better, respond and tell me why if it's dumb or you disagree. I can change my mind if I'm wrong, or at least seek out more information.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There are some posters who knows everyone ignores them because they are scum, and I think that makes them hit dumb/disagree reactions even more because it's the only way they can interact.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron