Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Height can be a difference maker- but not at PG. Is Monte a liability at 6'2".

How many PG's are there in the NBA? Maybe 90 (tops). What % of those 90 PG's are under 6'3" or under?

Unless Tyrese is looking to post guys up- no worries. He is an elite athlete.

Height can definitely be a difference maker at PG. Magic Johnson and Lebron confirm that. Monte would be more desirable if he were a 6’6” PG with the same skills. Stupid to say height does not matter. It matters.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Height can definitely be a difference maker at PG. Magic Johnson and Lebron confirm that. Monte would be more desirable if he were a 6’6” PG with the same skills. Stupid to say height does not matter. It matters.
chandler-friends.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Muggsy Bogues says hold my beer.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Probably going to have to wait for Pollard to break the news on the dollar amount, just as he did with TH having an agent.
I really wonder what the dollar amount is (assuming there is any real NIL). Guys agent should want to be hyping up how much money they got their client so they can get more clients signed.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Magic & Lebron are top 10 players ALL TIME. No one is arguing that height isn't an advantage.

Your point is Tyrese's NBA potential is severely handicapped by him being 6'0 or 6'1". You treat being 6'0" like a blind guy trying to play basketball!! He's a PG- if he can handle the ball, pass and shoot he will have a long NBA future. If not, he's Europe bound.

Iverson called, said he wishes he was taller. Then he would have been better than Jordan

Reactions: VeloClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
John Stockton was 6’1” and is arguably the best PG of all time along with Magic. Size certainly matters but it isn’t end all be all. (At least that’s what I tell the wife)

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Magic & Lebron are top 10 players ALL TIME. No one is arguing that height isn't an advantage.

Your point is Tyrese's NBA potential is severely handicapped by him being 6'0 or 6'1". You treat being 6'0" like a blind guy trying to play basketball!! He's a PG- if he can handle the ball, pass and shoot he will have a long NBA future. If not, he's Europe bound.

Iverson called, said he wishes he was taller. Then he would have been better than Jordan

Tyrese is not at Iverson’s level. JFC.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Allen Iverson’s freshman year in college was pretty terrible from an analytics standpoint. Averaged 20 ppg but shot 23% from three and only .1 more assists to turnovers (4.5/4.4). Averaged going 6.8/17.3 from the floor per game.

That’s not me comparing the two because AI is an all-time NBA great but let’s let Tyrese at least be older than a teenager before we completely cap-off what he’s going to be lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With the rumor that Tyrese is done after this year at Texas no matter what.. I’d 100% take the situation where AJ is on the team and he’s not. Per BT we barely drop off defensively but jump a ton offensively.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Allen Iverson’s freshman year in college was pretty terrible from an analytics standpoint. Averaged 20 ppg but shot 23% from three and only .1 more assists to turnovers (4.5/4.4). Averaged going 6.8/17.3 from the floor per game.

That’s not me comparing the two because AI is an all-time NBA great but let’s let Tyrese at least be older than a teenager before we completely cap-off what he’s going to be lol.

You just compared the two. Allen Iverson was the NBA #1 Pick in 1st Round. JFC.

• Dumb

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's why Haliburton is already possibly a top 50 player on the planet so young. His long frame and his pure PG ability are incredibly rare, like 5-10 players on the planet at a given time.

2nd in NBA in steals, 4th in assists, 11th in 3pt % is just gravy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You just compared the two. Allen Iverson was the NBA #1 Pick in 1st Round. JFC.
I didn’t compare them. I never brought any of Tyrese’s stats up. I simply posted AI’s freshman year of college and stated you can’t simply rule out someone because they weren’t unbelievable their freshman year.

In no world do I think Tyrese will be AI. That’s ******* ridiculous lol. Just saying let’s give Tyrese more than a year. Also, as I stated before I’d much rather have AJ for this next year than Tyrese.

Reactions: JP4CY

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Did I say he was Iverson. You were the guy who brought Magic & Lebron into the discussion. I referenced Iverson because he is a 6' guy who is elite.

Who know how good Tyrese will be. If he has a Monte Morris type career- that would be awesome.

You have the logic of a hamster.

• Agree