***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Needless to say, I owe Petey Pablo and apology......
If you're still posting, hope you read this and maybe next time I'll believe you.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Do you know of any Plan B's contacted for the final scholarship?
There is no plan B.
There's always a Plan B.
I haven’t seen ISU in contact with any high level guards other than AJ. Really there aren’t many in the portal that would come in and crack the rotation other than AJ above Williams/Holmes/Kalcheur plus the freshman could play some back up minutes. That isn’t to say that the staff would try to fill the last spot if AJ goes pro but they can afford to be very selective on that spot and I’m my option only take a player that would be top 6 in minutes.

There is a small possibility that Biliew could reclassify late and having a scholly would be good for ISU too. Omaha would fit the criteria of immediate starter.

Think we get some clarity after this week once the G-League camp ends and AJ knows if he got a NBA combine invite. The staff will plan accordingly.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Do you know of any Plan B's contacted for the final scholarship?

My guess is given the role this scholarship is pegged for, Plan B are guys that pull out of the draft or late grad transfers.

Miss on those, and maybe you grab someone that leaves because of those guys being added to stacked roster.

With the annual nature of scholarships, there is not a huge benefit from leaving it open during the season imo.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
My guess is given the role this scholarship is pegged for, Plan B are guys that pull out of the draft or late grad transfers.

Miss on those, and maybe you grab someone that leaves because of those guys being added to stacked roster.

With the annual nature of scholarships, there is not a huge benefit from leaving it open during the season imo.
Could hold it for another Tre King-like midseason transfer. I agree that unless the player is better than Grill there's no point in adding anyone else for 22-23.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Could hold it for another Tre King-like midseason transfer. I agree that unless the player is better than Grill there's no point in adding anyone else for 22-23.
Meh, that's effectively 1.5 seasons of the scholarship being open.
We have King now, but I don't know if players of that level are worth that. You likely get more benefit speculating on a EKU level transfer for last year, then add another guy for next year.

With today's free portal deadlines, I just don't see as many Burton's and McKay's

• Informative
Reactions: Jkclone15

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I find it interesting that some 'portal' guys who have entered the draft while keeping eligibility open, went ahead and committed somewhere -like the big guy Fardaw going to Tech, and Davis,etc. While others like Nance, AJG, etc. did not.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
A lot of guys who may have made a mistake (I wouldn't include guys that were pushed away in that group)
I wouldn't consider going into the portal a mistake. Some left to upgrade others left because they weren't going to play where they were.