Purdy mini camp

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still think that Brock can make it as a backup in the NFL. Sure he doesn't have a huge arm, but he understands the game, and is a someone that a team can trust for a play or two. Definitely not a starter of a second team guy, but a guy that will know what to do if you need him.

He’s someone that a team can trust for a play or two? Do you really believe that?

Not unless he changes IMO. He almost always tried to make a play, even if nothing was there, and that led directly to some of the worst embarrassing turnovers I’ve ever seen. He’s not that trustworthy IMO,

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
He’s someone that a team can trust for a play or two? Do you really believe that?

Not unless he changes IMO. He almost always tried to make a play, even if nothing was there, and that led directly to some of the worst embarrassing turnovers I’ve ever seen. He’s not that trustworthy IMO,
I think a lot of the horrible plays came near the end of games, where either someone has to make a play or you loose. He was pretty stable when it wasn't down to crunch time. We will see what he can do.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
His only shot is to make the practice squad, the 49ers have already signed the backup for 2 million, he is going to make the squad, they drafted a QB last year in the first round, he will be the starter.

Purdy has to show enough once camp starts to get cut, and then resigned to the practice squad, where he can learn the ins and outs of the NFL game.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I love Brock. Great college player and one of the best ever at ISU. Playing QB in the NFL is maybe the toughest job in all of sports. Only the elite of the elite have what it takes to make it, and fans still say half of them suck. It was always going to be a real long shot for him.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

1467 passes, 33 interceptions, 81 touchdowns. With an at best average line and normally well below average.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
If not NFL, I'd like to see him play well in a successful full field US alternative league or the CFL.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think a lot of the horrible plays came near the end of games, where either someone has to make a play or you loose. He was pretty stable when it wasn't down to crunch time. We will see what he can do.

He led plenty of drives to get close to the win or get the win even if the final play wasn't from him. Texas '19 and '20 come to mind, and OSU last season. There are lots of others.

Problem is his turnovers seem to be highlighted by how unusual or terrible they were.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I mean is he really competing for playing time? His ability to through solid out routes is not the biggest factor to him making the team.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I believe the GOAT for NFL QB had a a much worse completion percentage in college, had far fewer attempts, had a worse touchdown average per game, and was horrific at scrambling; all behind what this board might agree with was a better offensive line. Albeit, Brady is 6'4" (3") and has proven himself. My point is; there are intangibles. I get the grief of many on this board because of his under pressure let downs. But, at this point to write off his career may be a little premature.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Jesus Christ, this is a ******* stupid comment

As low as your bar has been set, you still find a way to go under it

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

Yes a team can trust him for a play or two. He's one of the most accurate passers inside 10 yards. If a team needs someone to manage a series or even a game, he could easily do it.

that being said.. that OU fumble thing he did was hilariously embarrassing lol.

• Funny
Reactions: clonedude

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yes a team can trust him for a play or two. He's one of the most accurate passers inside 10 yards. If a team needs someone to manage a series or even a game, he could easily do it.

that being said.. that OU fumble thing he did was hilariously embarrassing lol.

I get what you are saying...but it wouldn't be easy for him...it wasn't always easy for him in Big 12 games! And now we are projecting what it would be like for him in the NFL!

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I get what you are saying...but it wouldn't be easy for him...it wasn't always easy for him in Big 12 games! And now we are projecting what it would be like for him in the NFL!

Maybe not easily b/c the NFL is a different breed but he could manage.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron