Purdy mini camp

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Definitely harsh but Purdy’s strength is in his determination. He now has access to the best coaches in the world. Hope he gets a year to prove he belongs. At least as a competent backup.

Reactions: HawaiiClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Definitely harsh but Purdy’s strength is in his determination. He now has access to the best coaches in the world. Hope he gets a year to prove he belongs. At least as a competent backup.

Pretty sure round-seven picks don't have guaranteed contracts.

He has to make the team or draw interest from another squad looking for a practice squad guy.

He can definitely end up in the XFL/USFL/CFL/some indoor league or completely out of football.

I could imagine he'd make a nice Campbell GA, though.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL

Really hope things pick up for him, believe the source of the article is known for being pretty critical.
That Cohn guy had a video before rookie camp started saying that Brock could be the next Kirk Cousins. Two days later, he is saying he is Scott Tolzien. I wouldn't put too much stock in his opinions.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
  • Haha
Reactions: mramseyISU

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We all knew this stuff from watching him play on Saturdays (or should have).... but some just didn't want to accept that reality because he's a great kid and competitor.

There's a reason we rarely threw down the field and defenses could put all their defenders within 10 yds of the LOS. And the really poor decision making always creeped up at the worst times it seemed.

I'm not saying we'll see improved results with Dekkers, but he definitely has a much higher ceiling and potential physically than Purdy... that's for sure.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Pretty sure round-seven picks don't have guaranteed contracts.

He has to make the team or draw interest from another squad looking for a practice squad guy.

He can definitely end up in the XFL/USFL/CFL/some indoor league or completely out of football.

I could imagine he'd make a nice Campbell GA, though.
Agreed. Hope he gets an opportunity but getting drafted absolutely doesn’t guarantee that. 7th round or otherwise.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nothing shocking their. He is capable of being a backup in the right situation.