Survivor 42

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We had severe weather come in and interrupted Survivor RIGHT WHEN TRIBAL STARTED!!!!

I saw on Twitter what happened but can someone break down what happened?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
We had severe weather come in and interrupted Survivor RIGHT WHEN TRIBAL STARTED!!!!

I saw on Twitter what happened but can someone break down what happened?

lindsay had to do the Monte Hall problem and won despite not doing it the way you're supposed to. Drea tried to take Mike's idol but he had given it to Omer because Omer told him about her plan. They voted out Drea with Mike coming second

• Wow
Reactions: dahliaclone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Episodes like that keep me coming back. Just great game play, great competition from the top two players physically. Great strategy by everyone involved, including the person votes out. He major mistake was the exact same mistake last years “steal an idol” player made. She told the wrong person

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Drea should have kept the steal a power thing to herself. Survivor you can't truly fully trust anybody.

I do like what Jeff said about this season's group. Great competitors but in the end treating this for what it is a game with no butthurt feelings.
That was my thought as well but then wifey reminded me that she was trying to rally votes against Mike, who had an idol. So there's no way she would've been able to do that without revealing that she could take his idol.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Episodes like that keep me coming back. Just great game play, great competition from the top two players physically. Great strategy by everyone involved, including the person votes out. He major mistake was the exact same mistake last years “steal an idol” player made. She told the wrong person
Yep.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Didn't Drea also have an idol? If so she should have played it. Or maybe she brought the two other items (steal an advantage and the extra vote) and didn't think she'd need an idol if she had stolen Michael's. But after she didn't get the idol from him she should have know the blindside was a possibility.

Reactions: JustBecause

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Didn't Drea also have an idol? If so she should have played it. Or maybe she brought the two other items (steal an advantage and the extra vote) and didn't think she'd need an idol if she had stolen Michael's. But after she didn't get the idol from him she should have know the blindside was a possibility.

She didn't have an idol. The idol would have been activated if the other lady lost.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Wish I could have seen it.... crappy weather screwed us of seeing the ending

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Last night was great. Was worried about Johnathan but as I told my wife when they show a lot of talk about getting rid of someone before they even do the challenge usually means they likely will not be the one going home as it looks too obvious. Glad Lindsay was able to stay in it, she is a competitor and that would have been a crappy way to go out by chance and not an actual vote. Surprised that at least 1 other person like Drea or Mike did not try the challenge but they both had some level of security so why chance it.

As for the vote, that was about as perfect execution as you could have happen as if you did not vote out Drea there she would have had a lot of power left to get to the final 4. Imagine if Lindsay had gone home then she would of had an idol, steal an advantage, and extra vote with just 6 people left. I'm glad so see the stronger players stepping up their gameplay now and is a big improvement over how bad the gameplay was last season. Other than Romeo and maybe Maryanne who I find annoying I would be fine with Lindsay, Mike, Johnathan, or Omar winning at this point because they are all likable and all have played well.

Drea left some truth bombs last night saying if Mike makes it to the end he will win and calling out Omar for being the only one she told about the advantage. Smart on her to stir the pot up a little, Omar has been pretty sneaky getting the votes to go a certain way a lot without anyone realizing it so now he's been exposed as someone you can't trust a secret with. Should be a fun finish to the season. Still think anyone who wants to win wants to keep Romeo to the end as no one respects how he's played the game so taking him to the end would increase anyone's odds.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I like how Mike sold it like he thought he was doomed when Drea read the note then just calmed turned and answered "no." Great play by him, great play by Omar to complete the blindside, and great play by Drea to try and save herself then go out guns blazing using the extra vote because it was worthless if she went home with it.

So the reset for the final 6 is:
Lindsay - her amulet is now an immunity idol with Drea gone
Maryanne - has an idol no one knows about but I would not be shocked if she blabs to someone about it
Omar - now has Mike's idol and I doubt he gives it back
Mike - no advantages
Johnathan - no advantages
Romeo - no advantages

Next couple tribals should be good because the 3 idols are only good for 2 more votes I think. If I am Johnathan and Mike you need to win immunity from here on out or hope there is another advantage hidden somewhere that has not been found because they can basically force 1 of them out with a vote if all 3 idols were played at once. Would think the 3 holding idols right now know if 1 of those 2 make it to the end they probably will win.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
That was my thought as well but then wifey reminded me that she was trying to rally votes against Mike, who had an idol. So there's no way she would've been able to do that without revealing that she could take his idol.

except that in new age survivor, what's to stop her from stealing his idol, then telling everyone that she's voting for Mike and using the idol for herself right there at tribal council?

Right now the player in the best position to make the final three with a chance to win is Lindsay. She's a challenge beast and also has a immunity idol.

I go back and forth on whether Mary Anne can win this game. She seems really likeable and she's pretty good at speeches. Her gameplay so far however can best be described as irrelevant. She sucks in challenges and she's little help in strategy. Previews seem to indicate that she will finally try something next week, we'll see how that goes for her.

Mike will win if he makes final three, which is why he won't make final three (or four). He's not as good of a strategic player as Omer, but he's not just liked by everyone out there, most of them love the guy, not to mention Omer has one big weakness.

Omer has played a better game than anyone strategy wise but he's been so sneaky about it that the only people who realize it are the audience watching at home. Sounds like the posse might be coming for him next week (or some of them anyway) which I think could actually be a good thing for his game (if he survives it). Hard to win the game as a great strategy player when nobody views you as a threat the entire time (Sandra did it twice, so not impossible)

Romeo will make the final three because he has no shot of winning

Jonathan might be the most unique situation survivor has ever had. He was absolutely dominant in pre merge challenges. He somehow survived past the first couple of votes. He hasn't been that dominant in post merge challenges because Survivor screws over the bigger men with the endless stream of challenges where you have to stand on a little ledge and do something. So he's kind of coasting on his pre merge excellence so I'm not sure he can win just based on that. However, he could make a pretty good argument that it takes a lot of skill to be a perceived threat the entire time, to have people vote for you in most of the tribals, and to still be sitting in the final 3.

So if you're Lindsay or Omer, who do you take to final 3? Lindsay cannot take Jonathan or Mike and still win. Omer just has to avoid Mike and I think Mary Anne. Omer's has played such a behind the scenes game that he can't afford to take someone else with him who has also played a low key game but is more liked and better with words. I think if I were Omer I'd take Romeo and Jonathan and if I were Lindsay I'd take Romeo and Mary Anne.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I'm just amazed how similarly all of the twists have gone this season compared to last season. Both times the player doing the Monte Hall problem won by going against what they should have done. Both times the player with the steal and advantage didn't use it successfully even though it should in theory be near impossible to screw up.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
We are convinced that they are not showing the conversations where they say “let’s just keep Romeo here for the final three since he can’t beat us”. At some point he was the main target and all of the sudden his name isn’t being floated.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm just amazed how similarly all of the twists have gone this season compared to last season. Both times the player doing the Monte Hall problem won by going against what they should have done. Both times the player with the steal and advantage didn't use it successfully even though it should in theory be near impossible to screw up.
Not gonna lie, when Lindsey was choosing the box for the chance to get immunity or immediately be gone, and she guessed the right one, part of me was wondering if there was any way that all three boxes had both the fire and the skull, and could be manipulated by Probst when opening to reveal the fire no matter which one she chose. No, I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but just being honest that thought did pop into my head because it just seemed too perfect for her to guess right and created the perfect tribal council drama for viewers. And for the record, I'm glad she got to stay, big fan of Lindsey.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Not gonna lie, when Lindsey was choosing the box for the chance to get immunity or immediately be gone, and she guessed the right one, part of me was wondering if there was any way that all three boxes had both the fire and the skull, and could be manipulated by Probst when opening to reveal the fire no matter which one she chose. No, I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but just being honest that thought did pop into my head because it just seemed too perfect for her to guess right and created the perfect tribal council drama for viewers. And for the record, I'm glad she got to stay, big fan of Lindsey.
I was wondering if he gave away which box she should pick, like when he said that there was one box with fire in it maybe he obviously stared at it so she would know.