Bouman Transferring

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This opinion is based on one very small sample size (last Friday's limited scrimmage), but it appeared to me that Rocco was clearly the second best QB on the field and Glantz was #3. It will be interesting to see if tomorrow's competition validates that. I knew Rocco was good, but I honestly wasn't expecting him to be this good a few months out of high school!

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Interesting that if Cook is the 2nd string qb...that the 1st and 2nd string qb's would come from Iowa HS Class 1A programs. Probably doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: Icky_Mettle

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
To put it lightly, Aidan Bouman was not FBS caliber in the open practice. Maybe not even FCS. He was dead last on the depth chart behind 2 walkons.
Wish him luck at his next destination.

I suspect that the decision to transfer was made prior to the open practice and May have contributed to his less than impressive showing. I doubt if it was the result of his showing. It just put it on display for us.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't feel all that comfortable about our QB room if Cook is the #2 kid.
Why? By all accounts he is solid. Sounds like Becht and Glantz are capable too. I think the QB room is as good or better as any other year since Campbell has been here.

A couple years ago we had Purdy and two true freshman. That was it. We're certainly in a better position than that.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Aclone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
God, I hope not. That reeks of him playing out of his ass against us in an embarrassing loss or extremely uncomfortable win, and then being pedestrian the rest of the time (like McElvain).
Just keep Central Arkansas off the schedule for the next couple years and you'll be fine...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Why? By all accounts he is solid. Sounds like Becht and Glantz are capable too. I think the QB room is as good or better as any other year since Campbell has been here.

A couple years ago we had Purdy and two true freshman. That was it. We're certainly in a better position than that.
Totally see your point. But walk-on's don't give me warm, fuzzies.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that Bouman was in a competition with Glantz for 4th string. Cook has taken 2nd string and Becht is going to try to keep the RS at 3rd string.