All FB coaching rumors and speculation

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Will be interesting to see the response from OU and their fans.

The fans were complaining about LR all season, but he's also the guy that Stoops groomed to take over. That's gotta tick off the OU admins.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who does OU go after?

They're in a bit of flux.

I generally don't mind them vs. UT or Baylor but they may have really stepped in it.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Honestly the only team I’m worried about coming for Campbell is Notre Dame. He would take that job.

He might take other jobs too but ND is the only one I’m concerned about.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
I lived in Oklahoma for a while. Believe it or not, several of my OU Sooner friends wanted Lincoln Riley to leave the program. They were concerned that he was not winning national championships especially when OU is heading to the SEC. Also, they did not like teams like ISU and KSU beating them consistently. Most of those guys believed this would be a bad year for Riley to move on due to all of the coaching changes at other blue blood programs. Seems like there was no consistent opinion on a new coach for OU but they are varying opinions on the best prospects -- Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Alex Grinch (promotion from within), Urban Meyer (that would really piss off TX), etc. At least Riley was not lying about LSU.

Many of my OU friends are older like me. They still have nightmares of the post- Barry Switzer era. They do not want to be the next Nebraska after arriving at the promised land -- SEC.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I lived in Oklahoma for a while. Believe it or not, several of my OU Sooner friends wanted Lincoln Riley to leave the program. They were concerned that he was becoming not winning national championships especially when OU is heading to the SEC. Also, they did not like teams like ISU and KSU beating them consistently. Most of those guys believed this would be a bad year for Riley to move on due to all of the coaching changes at other blue blood programs. Seems like there was no consistent opinion on a new coach for OU but they are varying opinions on the best prospects -- Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Alex Grinch (promotion from within), Urban Meyer (that would really piss off TX), etc. At least Riley was not lying about LSU.

Many of my OU friends are older like me. They still have nightmares of the post- Barry Switzer era. They do not want to be the next Nebraska after arriving at the promised land -- SEC.

May their worst fears be realized, then multiplied.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
wow these blue bloods are desperate to get a big name. maybe they should look at the non power 5 coaches who have built programs on their way up the coaching ladder. patience is a virtue that should learn.
Or maybe they need to quit thinking that their money is all that matters and that they can hire/fire anyone they want to anytime things don’t go their way. I think this is turning off a lot of these coaches. I mean these people have families and when you lose games only to be fired at the airport? That’s humiliating. At some point there has to be some human respect and dignity in the way we treat each other as human beings. These blue bloods are out of touch.

• Winner
Reactions: CaptainCamoBeer

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Or maybe they need to quit thinking that their money is all that matters and that they can hire/fire anyone they want to anytime things don’t go their way. I think this is turning off a lot of these coaches. I mean these people have families and when you lose games only to be fired at the airport? That’s humiliating. At some point there has to be some human respect and dignity in the way we treat each other as human beings. These blue bloods are out of touch.
Pollard is a rare gem.