All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
But who? If you don’t say you are just trolling.
My connections are in the national media who I don’t really believe on this topic and big donor Iowa state boosters who I tend to trust a little more.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
My connections are in the national media who I don’t really believe on this topic and big donor Iowa state boosters who I tend to trust a little more.
End of the day they are also speculating but probably know more than me speculating

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Remember: Campbell supposedly turned down an 8 year, $68M contract from the Lions. Later we found that offer never happened.

I won’t trust anything until it happens (new extension or leaves)

I’d bet he did turn it down.

CyclonimusPrime

Aug 18, 2021
Ames
Why put out two offers to high school players if you are leaving?

Second point: Campbell said he didn’t get into this profession to be someone. Why would he want to move to a place (LA) whose culture is literally built on trying to “be somebody”?

volclone

Apr 11, 2006

Second point: Campbell said he didn’t get into this profession to be someone. Why would he want to move to a place (LA) whose culture is literally built on trying to “be somebody”?
Totally agree. CMC is a really good midwestern coach. That doesn't mean he translates to the westcoast at all.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

That’s not him. That’s his staff.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Who knows what's true, but USC seems like an odd fit for him. Not sure I believe the twitter folks. Obviously hope he stays here and can build a great long lasting program.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
Who knows what's true, but USC seems like an odd fit for him. Not sure I believe the twitter folks. Obviously hope he stays here and can build a great long lasting program.
Certainly agree. I'm not worried. CMC faces a rebuild, whether its here of somewhere else. Either way, we'll be fine. The fact is the job has been elevated, thanks to CMC. So unless JP has another brain cramp, we should be ok.