Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just take the laptop out to a bar and go for it.

Actually watched our experienced hire recruiter do that at our managers meeting. Two drinks in, talking with one of our Hawaii guys and realized he hadn't contacted this potential new hire (who was in Hawaii). He said screw it, slammed the rest of his drink, and went out onto the patio to do an impromptu phone interview.
It won't get done until almost 3am so I don't think they'll let me sit in the bar that long.

FYI, Me and two other guys designed our mainframe automation system that tied all the systems into one massive global enterprise at a bar. We used to leave on Wednesdays at 3pm to start drinking and planning. We referred to that bar as going to the "north office"

Time change weekend sucks

Reactions: NWICY

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Found out that there is new windshield wiper technology today that has the blades tell you when you need a new one. Was driving the truck in a slow steady rain when I found this out. The passenger wiper notified me by just unlatching itself and flying off. Think there would be better ways for the wiper to inform you.
I bought what I thought were replacement blades for my truck. Turns out there's only one to a package!?! The passenger side was really bad, so I put the new one on the driver side and moved the old driver side one over. Seemed to work decent enough.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I bought what I thought were replacement blades for my truck. Turns out there's only one to a package!?! The passenger side was really bad, so I put the new one on the driver side and moved the old driver side one over. Seemed to work decent enough.

I've had a couple of vehicles with different size blades on the driver vs passenger side of the vehicle.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I found my wiper blade a couple hours ago. Saw it On the shoulder of the road right before I ran over it with my combine

• Wow
  • Funny
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When I was driving out to Colorado in July it started raining and my wiper blades just started falling apart. I made it into Grand Island and found an auto parts store. Two different sizes and about $25 a blade. Oof

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Those adds are so strange to me.

As much as I know Kwikstar is more efficient for my time, I just feel like I am cheating on my Casey's if I have a choice and don't go there. This is ESPECIALLY true if its an older caseys and not one of those new corporate looking ones.

Not me I've thrown Casey's under the bus, use them for lunch and that's about it. Their pizza is still way better than KwikStar's. If I shopped more at Hy-vee the fuel saver points would make it a much more usable deal, but I'm not much of a Hy-vee shopper.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not me I've thrown Casey's under the bus, use them for lunch and that's about it. Their pizza is still way better than KwikStar's. If I shopped more at Hy-vee the fuel saver points would make it a much more usable deal, but I'm not much of a Hy-vee shopper.
I still have 3 bottles of juice and 4 slices of pizza for free, used all my coffees, got to get them used before giving up on caseys. May need to load the wife up with pizza, juice and coffee and use hers.

Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This is one of the most awesome things I've seen recently, and politics aside, it really puts a "face" to how the U.S. experienced COVID over the past ~20 months, in 60 seconds. Sorry, I don't know how to stop the autoplay, although there is no sound.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
This is one of the most awesome things I've seen recently, and politics aside, it really puts a "face" to how the U.S. experienced COVID over the past ~20 months, in 60 seconds. Sorry, I don't know how to stop the autoplay, although there is no sound.

If you just click the picture it pauses the autoplay, then just click it again to resume

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is it wrong that I worry every time I take my car to jiffy lube I worry that these yea-hoo’s don’t actually do anything but just charge me for oil they didn’t actually change?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

white-bronco-oj-simpson.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
OK, so Z continues to find speed without seeming speedy.
She wrapped up 2nd grade science today. Did a fun celebration dance and run through the living room/classroom/office we live in and declared herself very proud of herself.
I had an ecology class pencilled in for this day, but she would not be denied 3rd grade science, so she started that today.

She wraps up social studies next week. No surprise, but nobody really seems to put together social studies electives for kiddos, so............................. I had a moment of inspiration, and we're gonna put a project together through the end of the year. That class wraps up (most likely) NLT next Wednesday, so we'll be putting this into practice and kind of creating a nation, doing some crafts, a lot of writing, a lot of art, and probably a bunch of research with the library.

While we wing this out, I think I'll game out a way to turn the ecology class into a project and incorporate some things with conservation areas, maybe the Reiman Gardens, and zoos (in person and virtual). I'd better be fast, because I think she may end 3rd grade science by Christmas at her speed.

I think I'll need to be planned ahead for March. My guess now is that she'll wrap up 3rd grade sometime that month. She's really found a groove.

Status
Not open for further replies.