Vehicle reliability - best make/models?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
weird because they have incentives even
If I have time, I am going on the GM site & verify that the salesman said that I could build my own and order……possibly. He didn’t make eye contact and kind of mumbled so I wonder if it’s a red flag for the dealers. I suspect Tesla does something like that and I could see where a GM would benefit their production line efficiency by having instant orders available to schedule their daily production and inputs. Incidentally, I watched GM pickup ads for ‘22 models on TV last night. But I can’t buy one.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Hyundai and Genesis are the highest rated brands. Koreans killing it.

I do love my 2019 Hyundai Elantra SEL that I got back in '20, right before the pandemic.

I did have to get the battery replaced earlier this week, but I think that's mostly because it was a rental car before I got it, so it already had around 36,000 miles on it.

Otherwise it's been a great car. I have nothing but good things to say about Hyundai.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Looking to sell my truck sooner rather than later. Just too expensive and it might be worth more now than when I bought it. Would there be any issues trading it in with money owed on it yet?
Out of curiosity, what info can you give me about your truck? I’ve been putting off buying a used truck for a year now because of the market and can’t go much longer with trusty rusty. I’ve bought my last few vehicles via private owner, pretty easy to sort out tbh. With a balance still on it the easiest way is to find a bank or dealership willing to do the paperwork for a small fee. I’ve done it twice that way without much fuss.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I ordered a new small size hybrid Ford Maverick pickup truck. It's pretty loaded, seats 5, and gets 42 mpg in the city. Price is $28,000+. Excited to receive delivery in the next couple of months.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
that and paired with a CVT in a 4400lbs vehicle.
go get the Palisade. Its the same thing.

Getting either one is a tall order. Bit more room in the back of the Telluride though.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Getting either one is a tall order. Bit more room in the back of the Telluride though.
Cargo space? yeah since they don't have electric folding seats even on the top trim, but it's a minimal difference otherwise. But I do whish we just had the manual fold.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Out of curiosity, what info can you give me about your truck? I’ve been putting off buying a used truck for a year now because of the market and can’t go much longer with trusty rusty. I’ve bought my last few vehicles via private owner, pretty easy to sort out tbh. With a balance still on it the easiest way is to find a bank or dealership willing to do the paperwork for a small fee. I’ve done it twice that way without much fuss.

Same. If anyone has a 19 or newer crew cab (GMC/Chevy/Ford) I'll pay more than you'll get for trade in...

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Same. If anyone has a 19 or newer crew cab (GMC/Chevy/Ford) I'll pay more than you'll get for trade in...
Yup, exactly. I’m looking for a few year old F150 with aluminum body so I can avoid the rust issues I’ve had with my last couple of vehicles. I’m sure I’d pay more than anyone taking a trade in.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
On the topic of buying a vehicle, if anyone has a low mileage (100k or less), reliable, AWD SUV that gets good mpg (mid-20’s) for less than 30k, that they want to sell, PM me.

Looking for a vehicle right now sucks!