Bowl Projections

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Blows my mind a playoff format without a larger number of teams hasn’t happened yet—16, 32, etc. College football has next to no parody.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Cheez It Bowl pretty much replaced Camping World right?

Obviously we’d hope for better, but that sounds like a fun bowl. Against awake Forest too? Reminds me of our Wazzou bowl game a couple years ago. Super fun matchup.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I am never going to be upset about a bowl against a P5 school in a warm weather touristy destination. This is a better destination than Boise, Memphis, Shreveport, or New York. And a better opponent than Memphis, Tulsa, Miami OH, or TCU from their MWC days. I would also take Wake as an opponent over Rutgers.

This would be a step below where we hoped to be this season, but still a big step above many of our bowl match ups and destinations.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I am never going to be upset about a bowl against a P5 school in a warm weather touristy destination. This is a better destination than Boise, Memphis, Shreveport, or New York. And a better opponent than Memphis, Tulsa, Miami OH, or TCU from their MWC days. I would also take Wake as an opponent over Rutgers.

This would be a step below where we hoped to be this season, but still a big step above many of our bowl match ups and destinations.
It’d be a nice way to send off this group of players that are likely leaving for the NFL. Win that game, finish 9-4 with a final spot in the top 25 rankings. I’d take that.

I can at least be at peace with having the NY6 bowl victory the year before.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The Cheez-it Bowl @ Orlando (Location, Location, Location!) against a currently undefeated, highly ranked ACC team would be a nice landing spot for Iowa State. Not my #01 preference, but there are worse scenarios.

When Iowa State fans become so spoiled to turn their noses up at a Bowl Game in Orlando or against a non-branded team from a P5 Conference, we should not be Upset when others do that to Iowa State.

That being said, right now, it is:

Sugar Bowl or Bust!
Let's Go State!
Beat the 'Pokes!

Orlando might be the worst destination City of all of the Big 12 Bowl tie ins though.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Orlando might be the worst destination City of all of the Big 12 Bowl tie ins though.

This is a weird take to me. @JStanz51 agrees though (according to his twitter account). I haven't been to Orlando in about 15 years, but what happened to it that makes it so horrible? Last I checked there were palm trees, golf courses and disney world...

Reactions: Jer

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Cheese-it and above are usually solid options. That said bowl tie-ins are dumb. Done right no fans would ever be going back to the same bowl within 5 years, unless going to the playoffs frequently.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Dormeezy and jctisu

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is a weird take to me. @JStanz51 agrees though (according to his twitter account). I haven't been to Orlando in about 15 years, but what happened to it that makes it so horrible? Last I checked there were palm trees, golf courses and disney world...
I went to the camping world bowl. It's fine. Give me Orlando over Memphis any time. I've been there twice and had a WAAAAY better time in Orlando.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Cheez It Bowl pretty much replaced Camping World right?

Obviously we’d hope for better, but that sounds like a fun bowl. Against awake Forest too? Reminds me of our Wazzou bowl game a couple years ago. Super fun matchup.

Same Bowl. Different Sponsor.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I went to High School in Orlando. We used to wear board shorts, t-shirts and flip flops to school and skip to go to the beach after 2nd period (Mr. Davis gave bonus points for perfect attendance). Of course, that was in May and June. December in Orlando can dip down into the 60s and 70s and get down right cold!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Good luck beating out Texas for that one.

If the records are comparable the Alamo Bowl will grab Iowa State over Texas. We would sell just as many tickets plus we bring a lot more money to San Antonio while Texas fans would be in and out.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Outside of Disney, Orlando is hot garbage. It is by no means a destination city and I have zero desire to spend money to go there for a bowl game. It's too far of a drive and flights will be absolutely ridiculous.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I went to High School in Orlando. We used to wear board shorts, t-shirts and flip flops to school and skip to go to the beach after 2nd period (Mr. Davis gave bonus points for perfect attendance). Of course, that was in May and June. December in Orlando can dip down into the 60s and 70s and get down right cold!

Anyone from Iowa will be in board shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops with 60's and 70's in December.