Bowl Projections

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007

Nobody will ever be excited about a cheese-it bowl or Wake.

Lots of wins left available though!
The Cheez-it Bowl @ Orlando (Location, Location, Location!) against a currently undefeated, highly ranked ACC team would be a nice landing spot for Iowa State. Not my #01 preference, but there are worse scenarios.

When Iowa State fans become so spoiled to turn their noses up at a Bowl Game in Orlando or against a non-branded team from a P5 Conference, we should not be Upset when others do that to Iowa State.

That being said, right now, it is:

Sugar Bowl or Bust!
Let's Go State!
Beat the 'Pokes!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
This is the prior Camping World Bowl that we played (and sucked) against ND? That is not shabby.

As noted, still plenty of time and games to reach another NY6.

As noted many more times, Big 12 Bowl tie-ins generally suck it.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I have seen other Cheez It Bowl Projections for us one vs Clemson and one vs Va Tech, those opponents would elevate the bowl a lot! Agree with others though really anything below the Alamo would be pretty dissappointing...

Reactions: CyBobby and jctisu

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Just get to 6 wins. Give me a reason to care into December

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The bowl game in Orlando might be ranked higher than other locations, but it's hard for me to get excited about going to that city compared to others.

I'll admit the Camping World stadium is kind of crap. The only thing about Orlando is it's cheap and easy to get to, whereas getting to Phoenix is kind of a pain in the butt and way pricier. I probably wouldn't stay in Orlando after the game this time. Had a ball at Universal last time and Harry Potter world though.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'll admit the Camping World stadium is kind of crap. The only thing about Orlando is it's cheap and easy to get to, whereas getting to Phoenix is kind of a pain in the butt and way pricier. I probably wouldn't stay in Orlando after the game this time. Had a ball at Universal last time and Harry Potter world though.

How is Phoenix more of a pain in the butt to get to than Orlando?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
OU Sugar
OSU Alamo
For the to happen we'd need to beat OSU and lose to OU then OSU beat OU in the regular season the OU beats them in the CCG. So basically the only way we get a New Year 6 invite is win the CCG. Just to many obstacles to get in as a 3 loss rummer up.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
a ball at Universal last time and Harry Potter world though.
revenge-of-the-nerds-nerds.gif

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
OU Sugar
OSU Alamo
For the to happen we'd need to beat OSU and lose to OU then OSU beat OU in the regular season the OU beats them in the CCG. So basically the only way we get a New Year 6 invite is win the CCG. Just to many obstacles to get in as a 3 loss rummer up.
if OU gets in the playoff the runner up goes to the Sugar

Help Support Us

Become a patron