Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Their breakfast burrito is becoming a full meal. Gets much bigger and they can fill Pancheros place as the two pound burrito.

Btw, don’t let someone (like Velo) convince you to eat a two pound burrito for lunch and then try to work. It doesn’t go well.
Not everyone can eat like 20 something Velo could. :cool:

Reactions: BCClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Their breakfast burrito is becoming a full meal. Gets much bigger and they can fill Pancheros place as the two pound burrito.

Btw, don’t let someone (like Velo) convince you to eat a two pound burrito for lunch and then try to work. It doesn’t go well.
Their breakfast burrito gave my friend and I some of the worst food poisoning I've ever experienced. It was tasty going down though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Already killed 11 more flies this morning. You would think for as many flies I have killed since Monday, which has to be well over 100, there would have been this massive swarm of flies flying about the house but there hasn't been. That's why I'm sticking with my alternate dimension theory.
The flypaper I hung nearly 48 hours ago has claimed 3 :confused:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
"that day"?

:D :p :cool: ;)
680c5bb2448624b8a8be0aeb8b241f7e.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Already killed 11 more flies this morning. You would think for as many flies I have killed since Monday, which has to be well over 100, there would have been this massive swarm of flies flying about the house but there hasn't been. That's why I'm sticking with my alternate dimension theory.
I'm starting to worry that the Tell-Tale Heart theory might be true...

:oops:

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Same as roundabouts, I imagine. Less stopping.
Those don't seem like an improvement, either, but whatever.
With a diverging diamond through traffic is stopped for only 50% of the time in each direction. In a more conventional interchange with multiple stop lights and multiple phases the through traffic is stopped for much more of the time. With that, there are more opportunities for accidents as you have a lot of traffic crossing lanes of traffic to turn.

Also with any route through you will have to stop a maximum of one time if at all. With a conventional intersection you could very well have to stop at the east stop light then stop again at the west light waiting for the left turn arrow. Once you get through the first light in a DD you won't have to stop again no matter what your direction of travel.

• Informative
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Should I be worried that when KC said this instead of immediately thinking of some buxom female singer my mind immediately went to Red Hot Chili Peppers? :confused:
I was actually thinking of the flash/bang red orgy clip I saw from the VMA's. I didn't watch the show, just saw a clip of a performance from it (on a talk show, I think). I don't even know who the "artist" was.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
dd82b0ec-c656-4028-bc6a-58ecad65a742.963ec4113840132c3dcc286d0f7a80f2.jpeg
IMO these work better than flypaper...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
With a diverging diamond through traffic is stopped for only 50% of the time in each direction. In a more conventional interchange with multiple stop lights and multiple phases the through traffic is stopped for much more of the time. With that, there are more opportunities for accidents as you have a lot of traffic crossing lanes of traffic to turn.

Also with any route through you will have to stop a maximum of one time if at all. With a conventional intersection you could very well have to stop at the east stop light then stop again at the west light waiting for the left turn arrow. Once you get through the first light in a DD you won't have to stop again no matter what your direction of travel.
Appreciate the engineering aspect explanation. We've been through it a few times. I will say that other than it feeling weird to be on the left side of the road, it went far more smoothly than the roundabouts I've been in around here, where no one seems to know what they're doing.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
KC walked to her seat on Saturday eating a footlong corndog. She seemed to be enjoying it..... ;)

Also KC gave me crap for MrsWx going to get our refreshments instead of me. I suppose she is right but Wx was more willing to pass out from dehydration than stand in line.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
KC walked to her seat on Saturday eating a footlong corndog. She seemed to be enjoying it..... ;)

Also KC gave me crap for MrsWx going to get our refreshments instead of me. I suppose she is right but Wx was more willing to pass out from dehydration than stand in line.
You deserved it.
And I was too queasy in the sun to eat anything (we didn't eat breakfast before we left). After sitting in the shade on the concourse for a while the shade finally reached our seats, and my stomach started returning to normal (and demanding sustenance).
For the record, I didn't "walk to my seat eating it"; Lew went and got it for me. But I WAS enjoying it. :D

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
You deserved it.
And I was too queasy in the sun to eat anything (we didn't eat breakfast before we left). After sitting in the shade on the concourse for a while the shade finally reached our seats, and my stomach started returning to normal (and demanding sustenance).
For the record, I didn't "walk to my seat eating it"; Lew went and got it for me. But I WAS enjoying it. :D

I know the feeling. There was a few times that my stomach started to not be happy and I started to get worried. Drank the gatorade MrsWx got and was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.