***2021 Olympics thread***

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Just watched the WNBA All-Star game. This year's format is unique in that it's USA WBB Olympic Team vs WNBA All-Star Team. This exhibition game turned out to be much more competitive than an NBA All-Star game. I thought Team USA would win because they have better talents. Well, they kind of followed the MBB Olympic Team's footsteps. Gotta work hard in the training camp to be ready for the real games.

BTW, that half-time three-point contest was a great, very high-level competition. Here's the video ICYMI.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
SMH, the USA WBB Olympic Team keeps following MBB Team's footsteps and just lost their second exhibition game. I hope both basketball teams take their business more seriously. Most of their opponents have been preparing for the Olympics in training camps for a much longer time compared to Team USA due to their NBA and WNBA schedules. I repeat what I said previously, this Olympics is not gonna be a cakewalk, they can't just rely on their talents to overpower their opponents.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Both the men's and women's teams going to Tokyo with a win. Now the real battle begins.

MBB team's new addition Keldon Johnson had a very impressive performance, scoring the second team-high 15 pts (7-9).

Reactions: Go2Guy

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Keep in mind that although the Opening Ceremonies are on Friday the 23rd, there are some events that begin this week. Both men’s and women’s soccer and softball all will play games before Friday. In soccer, the US Women open with their first group stage match against Sweden (the team that knocked them out of the 2016 Olympics) early Wednesday morning at 3:30 am.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Kinda frustrating most of the primetime coverage is dedicated to gymnastics (9-nights) and swimming. Hoping my fav field events like high-jump and pole vault and boxing get more coverage and not relegated to an obscure streaming channel like 2016.